Producer - Call of Duty
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Producer - Call of Duty
Job Description:Job Title: Producer - Call of Duty
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Production
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Producer to join the Call of Duty franchise. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for producing and launching great games.
As a Producer on Call of Duty you will manage the production of one or multiple projects across various platforms from both a publishing and business perspective. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your responsibility will be to manage development from concept to release and deliver great high quality and engaging games that are in line with franchise initiatives and achieve their financial goals on schedule. This entails day-to-day involvement with the development teams and key publishing stakeholders throughout all phases of development including pre-production, production, alpha, beta, submission, and post release live operations. Specific duties include ensuring milestones are delivered on-time and the game is meeting quality standards; helping maintain the creative vision for the game; helping drive product release planning and shepherding the game through first party submissions; leveraging your technical skills and savviness to support planning efforts and overcoming production challenges; tracking overall development; and working closely with all developers and cross-functional groups to deliver a title that meets all project and franchise goals.
Position is based at our Activision Headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and track game development with internal / external studios across all skus of a mainline product(s).
- Support the creation of each project's schedule, budget, production pathways, and overall production plans; continue to provide supervision and support through the full product life-cycle (concept development thru to post launch live operations)
- Act as primary point of contact with Game Development Studios, Marketing, PR, Operations, Sales, Supply Chain, Localizations, First Parties, additional cross-functional teams, and external vendors across project initiatives
- Coordinate with development teams, QA, Supply Chain, and other production stakeholders in generating and maintaining product release planning including submission schedules
- Leverage functional knowledge of first party submission processes to help ensure successful release and deployment
- Leverage technical skills and savviness to support planning, troubleshoot issues, and overcome production challenges
- Provide input into production budgets, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development and providing analysis and reporting to production leadership
- Partner with Marketing to execute plans for the product lines, brands, and lines of business
- Partner with Developers to ensure specific game features are tied to overall title positioning and goals
- Be an internal and external advocate for the product and support as needed at trade shows and PR events.
- Manage, coach and develop production staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base
- Create a culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment. Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables; continually recognize and reward employees for strong performance
- Establish model behavior that supports Activision's standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
- Provide creative and executional direction to development studios to improve product quality and drive franchise innovation. Ensure the titles and franchise maintain or exceed creative and technical objectives with each release
- Battle Tested Producer with either internal development or publishing experience who delivers projects to quality, on time and budget.
- 5+ years of experience in the gaming industry (in a production role); experience with First Person Shooters or Online FPS preferred with 1+ years of experience at Producer level or above.
- The ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and take into account multiple paths to a solution.
- A Manager of People. You will manage a skilled team; be prepared to lead, mentor and develop future leaders.
- You are knowledgeable about games and trends in the industry ranging from other competitive FPS titles, Monetization, E-Sports and other ways games are expanding beyond the core mainline experience.
Collaborator & Communicator
- You speak other languages; specifically the languages of marketing, PR, Sales, QA, Customer Service, Localizations, Tech, Monetization, CRM, etc. Producing the game is only part of the job, you'll need to collaborate with all kinds of different groups and people.
- Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you.
- You will be the main point of contact for one of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world and that requires best in class and timely communications across all mediums (emails, phone, meetings, etc.)
Gamer Who Knows How to Make a Game Great
- You are passionate about making video games.
- Ability to evaluate and judge gameplay in its current state and it's trajectory towards close against industry standards. Can identify what plays and looks good and how to drive improvements toward greatness by leveraging qualitative assessments.
- Experience in identifying the strengths and weakness in a game and knowing when to marshal resources to lean into strengths or address weaknesses.
Strategist with the Skills to Execute
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self-prioritize, manage time, and quickly adapt to changing situations as they happen
- Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Facilitator who clear roadblocks in front of your team or the development team
- There are always many balls in the air - JUGGLE THEM ALL
- Can you take what looks to be impossible and make it possible thorough ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done?
- Technical savviness and knowledge related to tools and processes used in game development
- Business/financial acumen and understanding of current business models in gaming
The Skills & Experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the gaming industry (in a production role)
- 1+ years of experience at Producer level or above
- Experience shipping 3+ high quality titles
- Experience shipping on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and/or PC. Experience with Online FPS preferred.
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top