Principal Graphics Engineer - Treyarch
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Principal Graphics Engineer - Treyarch
Job Description:Job Title: Principal Graphics Engineer
Reporting To: Director of Engineering
Location: Santa Monica, CA or Vancouver, BC
Treyarch is looking for a Principal Graphics Engineer to join our Core Engine Team of industry veterans to be a key contributor on our next AAA Title. As a Principal Graphics Engineer, you will set direction for the future development of our game visuals while maintaining the performance that Treyarch games are known for. A successful Lead Graphics Engineer will also be a dedicated team player and be flexible to the day-to-day needs of the project.
- Be part of the Core Engine / Graphics Team leadership working on Treyarch's state-of-the-art game engine and tools
- Analyze Treyarch's graphics & engine tech and design innovative solutions to keep its competitive advantage
- Work with other Graphics and Engine engineers to implement your vision
- Collaborate with other Activision studios and Central Technology group in research and development future breakthroughs in game graphics technology
- Mentor other Core Engine Engineers
- Work with other discipline leads to achieve the game's artistic and performance goals
- Present at internal forums at the studio, company wide events and industry conferences to increase the visibility of the development at the Studio
- 10 years or more experience in the video games industry as a Senior Graphics Engineer or above
- Recognized leader in the graphics game development community
- Developed cutting-edge real-time graphics techniques
- Up to date knowledge of the development in the graphics community in games and movies
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with Console and PC graphics APIs and tools
- Fluent in modern C++ and multi-threaded programming
- Strong understanding of low level CPUs/GPUs operations
- Communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Shipped at least 4 commercial titles - a 60Hz FPS is a plus
- Python or other scripting languages
- Solid public speaking skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 , have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty 's Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything...and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us atwww.treyarch.com, on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
Back to top