Principal Data Engineer
Job Title:Principal Data Engineer
Job Description: Job Title: Principal Data Engineer, Ads - Activision Blizzard Media
Reporting To: Director of Engineering Department: Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Principal Data Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform. If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games and are obsessed with creating the best player experience. Responsibilities
- Partner with senior engineers, architects and product owners to build scalable data pipeline and services.
- Work with the product team to understand the business requirements and translate them into the development/design tasks.
- Be a role model in engineering best practices and design/coding standard.
- Choose the right technology stack to align with the use of cases and scalability.
- Collaborate with the other team members across different teams.
- Provide technical directions and mentor other engineers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in software design and development.
- Advanced level expertise in Java Development.
- 2+ years of experience in working with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in NoSQL databases like Bigtable, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Strong understanding of large-scale distributed data processing.
- Experience with developing extract-transform-load (ETL).
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with distributed computing framework like Apache Spark and Flink.
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and some experience in working with machine Learning libraries.
- Experience in building data warehouse and data lake.
- Knowledge of advertising platform.
Your Platform Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business built to connect brands with our 350M + global player base across Activision, Blizzard, and King.We create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King's Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like eSports. This is an exciting time to join this growing business. Our World Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet! We're proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®" for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies," and "Future 50" lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology. The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Back to top