Polish Language Specialist
- Dublin, Ireland
Job Title:Polish Language Specialist
Job Description:Your Mission
Come join us and be part of the team who are responsible for localizing some of the biggest video game titles in the industry!! We are currently looking for a Polish Language Specialist to join our team based in Dublin, Ireland for a 12-month fixed term contract commencing January 2020
You will be responsible for
- Translate / Proofread scripts, in-game text and other video game-related documents from English to Polish.
- Demonstrated creative translation expertise and experience in voice script localisation and adaptation.
- Perform audio casting, as well as audio file review for Polish
- Liaise with external Polish localisation agencies and translators including answering their queries in a prompt and timely manner.
- Partner with external Polish localisation agencies to decide questions of style.
- Build relations with external localisation agencies ensuring they fully understand the quality of localisation required.
- Work with the internal Project Management team to develop and implement plans which will deliver quality in the Polish language games.
- Work with the internal QA Department to help co-ordinate the quality assurance process for localised versions of products and be a point of escalation and advice for the Polish localisation testers specifically.
- Communicate in a clear and timely fashion any risks, which could impact the delivery\budget\quality of the product. Put corrective measures in place where possible.
- Bugfixing of the game as required
- Create / Maintain the game glossary and style guide
- Fulfill QA testing duties as requested\required
- Play the game during development to develop a deep understanding of the game to ensure proper context for delivering creative translations.
- An understanding of local and market cultural sensitivities would be an advantage
- Specialisation - having a deep understanding of different gaming genres an advantage, such as military and sci-fi shooters and horror.
Candidates need to have;
- A minimum of 1 years previous experience as a Polish Translator within the video game industry.
- Excellent creative writing skills and ability in Polish
- Minimum of 12 months' previous experience internationalisation\localisation process for Polish language
- Experience working with translation tools is an advantage
- Have a "can do will do" attitude
- Excellent standard of English - both written and spoken
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Our global headquarters is in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines. Our localization team is based in Dublin, Ireland. Dublin is a vibrant multicultural city offering a warm welcome and access to a wide variety of cultures, people and opportunities!
Back to top