Platform Strategy & Partnerships Director
- London, United Kingdom
Job Title:Platform Strategy & Partnerships Director
Job Description:Job Title: Director, Platform Strategy & Partnerships EMEA
Reporting To: VP Activision Franchises & Platform Execution
Department: Platform Strategy & Partnerships
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho
Contract Term: Permanent
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role will be based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Near the Soho office is Regent's Park - close enough for a lunchtime run - as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Reporting to the VP Activision Franchises & Platform Execution, and collaborating alongside the global Platform Strategy team, regional commercial teams, marketing and business units, the Director of Platform Strategies and Partnerships EMEA will provide oversight on the execution of Activision Blizzard's strategic and commercial efforts with First Party business partners. The Platform Strategy function is responsible for overseeing a significant P+L and is tasked with leveraging A|B's content, vision and scale to maximize results through new platform opportunities and marketing partnerships.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Act as the key liaison point for first parties. Be the first entry point for platform partners into the regional AB organisation with a focus on Microsoft. Ensure we meet contractual obligations for our 1st party agreements and and maximize value and execution across all countries.
- As required, identify additional partnership opportunities in region and local opportunity market focus
- Act as the connection between the central HQ team and the local teams for execution through Blizzard channels and on the Blizzard launcher (Battle.net). This will include responsibilities such as driving process, communications, and execution support for all titles launching on Blizzard platforms.
- Support digital supply chain and digital commerce efforts with all partners in-region
- Assist with and/or drive content to support with future platform partnership negotiations
- Manage relationships with all relevant platform partners; identify, negotiate & execute business opportunities (e.g hardware bundle opportunities) with relevant platform partners
- Ensure that all contract terms are executed across EMEA by both the company and key strategic partners
- Set the KPI's and shared goals between the AB team and our First Parties. Ensuring these are tracked and responded to accordingly to drive forward the P&L
This role is a director level position and we are looking for someone who naturally possesses a can-do attitude and that is confident and empowered when it comes to creating new ideas.
- Proven track record of building solid internal and external relationships and delivering results through close collaboration.
- Strong communication skills including exceptionalpresentation skills with the capability to frame up complex strategic initiatives.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly independent and organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects.
- Proven project management experience in a fast-paced environment - ideally encompassing process design and implementation.
- Strong strategic/financial analysis skills and experience in reviewing and analyzing P+L reports and licensing agreements.
- Critical thinker and process developer.
- Extensive years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. entertainment, tech, content) working on commercial strategy and execution with proven ability to deliver results. Strong preference for direct experience in gaming on mobile or social platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in business management or a related field is preferred.
- Experience with digital content distribution preferred but not required.
- Additional EU language (preferred)
- Passion for the interactive entertainment business with in-depth knowledge preferred, but not required.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top