Personalization Software Engineer
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Personalization Software Engineer
Job Description:Job Title: Personalization Software Engineer
Reporting To: Sr. Manager, Personalization Engineering
Department: Consumer Technology
Location: Santa Monica, California
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Personalization Software Engineer you will work within the Consumer Technology group to build innovative and impactful AI driven applications and tools that help to build loyalty and drive engagement across Activision game titles. Candidates should have development and implementation experience of large-scale personalization systems.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build real-time decision engines and personalization systems leveraging A/B testing, rules, and machine learning that drive communications and content in and around Activision games.
- Develop ML-driven highly personalized experiences within mobile and web applications
- Work with high volumes of data in both relational and NoSQL data stores
- Develop large-scale AI driven player engagement platforms that support our live game services across channels including in-game, mobile, and web
- Work in a collaborative environment with some pretty cool people, and HUGE amounts of data
Year 1 Success:
- Deliver scalable, high-volume, high-availability player engagement platform.
- Increase velocity and operability by building and delivering phase one of M/L platform in partnership with analytics and data teams
- Proven experience in prototyping, evaluating, development and delivery of bespoke Machine Learning (Deep Learning) models.
- Desired experience developing high-volume data processing applications using Apace Spark / Airflow.
- Desired experience with high-volume consumer facing software systems, including developing highly scalable distributed systems.
- Strong programming skills and proficiency in languages like Java, Python, Scala, Kotlin or similar.
- Solid CS background including concurrent programming,system architecture principles,and data structures.
- Experience with Git (GitHub / GitLab), JIRA, Jenkins and Google Cloud Compute.
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies, ability to work independently is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (Master's Degree desirable).
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top