People Officer, Activision Blizzard Corporate Functions
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:People Officer, Activision Blizzard Corporate Functions
Job Description: Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and sits at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. Activision Blizzard is a member of the S&P 500 and has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" for four years in a row. Activision Blizzard (the Company) has operations throughout the world, has approximately 10,000 employees and its games are played in 196 countries.
Activision Blizzard develops and publishes games based on some of the most beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Heroes of the Storm®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. What makes Activision Blizzard unique is their highly focused approach and concentration on opportunities to create breakthrough entertainment experiences. In 2018, they achieved record revenues of $7.5B. They are well-positioned for growth across all gaming platforms, audiences, genres and business models.
The People Officer, Activision Blizzard Corporate Functions significantly contributes to the functions' performance by providing tactical and strategic talent solutions and enabling organizational capabilities that directly support business objectives. The People Officer plays a supporting role in driving function effectiveness and productivity by developing best-in-class organizations that create value for Company and its franchises.
This position has direct accountability for the execution of human capital plans driven by the functions' short and long-term business objectives. This position reports to the Chief People Officer and is a critical member of the Human Resource leadership team and is accountable to continuously improve the productivity of the workforce by determining and executing the human capital initiatives that achieve business objectives.
- The People Officer is responsible for talent attraction, sourcing, retention, succession, pipeline planning and workforce optimization; performance and total rewards management, employee productivity, relations; policy interpretation and application. Organizational design, effectiveness; staffing models, talent capabilities, career progression initiatives and training. This position requires an experienced, data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential HR professional who can work effectively across a highly matrixed environment.
- Deliver a human capital plan driven by the annual and long-range plans of the Company and its corporate functions, translating business requirements into effective and modern people initiatives
- Provide expert talent and HR guidance to leaders and staff on all people issues, including talent strategy, organization design, talent attraction and selection, performance productivity and employee relations
- Drive the approach and outcome on employment matters, including directing and influencing management around the people agenda to maximize performance and growth and reduce people-related risks
- Provide day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to enable them to grow and perform at their best
- Drive change management efforts across assigned organizations, ensuring employee and stakeholder impacts are at the forefront of organizational decisions, and that organization changes are planned and thoughtfully implemented with strong process integrity
- Drive integrity and accountability for the effective implementation of the annual HR cycle to facilitate value-added delivery, including workforce and talent planning, performance management and total rewards
- Analyze, report and use predictive people analytics as evidential reasoning to continuously improve the talent KPIs
- Identify levers and develop strategies that measurably improve engagement and retention (e.g., talent assessments, engagement surveys, exit surveys)
- Develop and maintain networks and relations (informal and formal) with employee resource groups, external partners and leading industry communities
- Actively participate in the annual budget planning/staffing forecasting process
Year 1 Objectives
- Partner with assigned Activision Blizzard function officers to design, align and implement global operating models and organizations that measurably add more value (to both the business and employees) than in their current state
- Develop and help leaders implement best-in-class change management plans that engage impacted employees and improve employee productivity, ensuring a smooth transition during a time of transformation and positioning for growth
- Lead implementation of employee lifecycle processes within assigned organizations, ensuring successful identification and reward of the highest performing employees
- Partner with the Talent Office to leverage modern approaches to recruiting resources (employee referrals, network referrals, etc.) to identify, recruit and expect nothing less than "best in class" talent
- Analyze and understand engagement and attrition drivers, and work with senior leaders to invest in plans that improve engagement and attrition metrics
- 10+ years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources
- Demonstrated history of advancing human capital plans, workforce plans and HR resource capabilities to achieve short and long-term strategic goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative mindset, executive coaching competency, ability to influence at all levels
- Exceptional client management and business literacy skills
- Organization design and development experience and proven change agent; ability to generate excitement relating to transformation, tying change to business objectives, guiding culture and values, etc.
- Proven skill at talent acquisition, culture/values leadership and using data to make the best people decisions
- Thorough knowledge and experience with contemporary HR structures and practices, including HR business partnering, shared services and centers of expertise (e.g., talent, total rewards, organizational effectiveness, compliance)
- Comfort using facts and data to build people-centric business cases; for example, use of staffing models and other analytical tools
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; strong critical thinking skills with a willingness to take reasonable risk and challenge the status quo
- Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
- Highest level of integrity with a proven ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion
- Prior experience supporting corporate functions preferred
Undergraduate degree required.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top