Payroll Operations Specialist
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Payroll Operations Specialist
Job Description:Job Title: Payroll Operations Specialist
Reporting To: Payroll Operations Supervisor
Department: Payroll - Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Your Platform >
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Payroll Operations Specialist you will perform Payroll operational tasks in a variety of complex Payroll functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification/auditing and reconciliation of employee wage payments, leave information, Payroll/benefit records, accurate tax withholding and net payment of funds for a large North America division of the company; This position requires comprehensive knowledge of Payroll, technical and communication skills, functional and transactional audits of electronic data, as well as experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal/external customers. This is a high-volume Payroll center located in Santa Monica, California. The Payroll Operations Specialist effectively performs within company and industry standards to keep payroll processing accurate and timely.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Completes timely and accurate full On-cycle/Supplemental/Adjustment/Quarter-End/Year-End/On-Demand Payroll processing as necessary including Payroll Open, Payroll Imports, Full execution of HR system Interfaces, Payroll Balancing, Payroll Entries, Payroll Income/Deduction/Tax Calculation, prompt correction of errors, Payroll Close and Post Payroll Processes
- Delivers Payroll operational best practices with regards to bi-weekly Payroll functions
- Daily review and handling of Payroll department cases via Company's case management system
- Processes and validates pre and post Payroll processes in accordance to departmental internal controls and standards and in compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Validates and calculates Adjustments (Current and Prior Period) and performs entries into company Payroll system
- Export, validate/audit, balance and import hours from timekeeping systems and into Payroll system
- Processing and validation of manual check wage payments including manual check document back-up preparation and route for approvals and prompt reporting of check detail for purposes of Positive Pay processing
- Processing of all Payroll related transactions including but not limited to; new hire proration, termination payments, leave of absence pay, benefit deductions, garnishments, direct deposit, Federal/State/Local tax withholdings, Severance pay, Gift Income reporting, Taxable Fringe benefits, Bonus payments, Stipends, Expense Reimbursement payments, Retro payments, Visa tax exemptions, etc.
- Partners with Finance, Human Resources, Recruiting, Operations and other departments to ensure exceptional Payroll Operations accuracy and timeliness
- Assists with other Payroll related special projects, including internal and external audit requests
- 3-5 years minimum in a Payroll Office performing Payroll administrative support functions
- Experience in a high volume, multi-entity, multi-state, Payroll shared service-based environment
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate information to employees, team members and management
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
- Ability to positively and collaboratively work in a team environment
- Experience with the company's existing systems
- Experience with a publicly traded company
Our World >
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top