Oracle Apps & Core Database Administrator
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Oracle Apps & Core Database Administrator
Job Description:Job Title: Oracle Apps & Core Database Administrator
Reporting To: Director, DBA & Identity Management
Department: Activision Blizzard Information Technology
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision Blizzard's Information Technology Group (ABIT) is seeking an Oracle Apps & Core Database Administrator to join our Enterprise Applications DBA and Identity Management team. As a member of this team you'll work closely with peers, and other Enterprise Application teams, Infrastructure teams, and business users to identify and implement the best solutions for Activision Blizzard's business needs.
As the Oracle Apps & Core Database Administrator you will be responsible for managing and supporting Oracle ERP applications, Oracle DBs and other related technology stacks. You'll also be responsible for the support, design, development, testing and maintenance of Oracle ERP, Oracle DB and other applications managed by the team.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Support Global Oracle EBS and DB environments
- Collaborate with peers, functional, technical and infrastructure teams to optimize and produce efficient solutions to issues that arise
- Work on the entire lifecycle of projects from upgrade to implementation for new environments as required
- Engage in day-to-day activities such as cloning, patching, performance tuning, capacity planning and monitoring all aspects of EBS system administration, user management, security, backup/recovery, SR management, documentation, etc.
- Work with peers and extended teams to mentor, support and implement new and enhanced solutions to increase team productivity and improve SLAs
- Responsible for contribution and adherence to standards that ensure integrity and security of the enterprise's data resources
- Undertakes technical evaluation of new and/or prospective implementations and work with vendors where required
- Manage and work around issues or roadblocks in any phases of the SDLC lifecycle of the projects
- Support legacy ERP and DB environments
- Work independently with utmost effectiveness
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing while demonstrating a courteous and professional approach
- Deploy solutions on-time and within budget
- Work weekend and/or weeknight shifts as needed
- 5+ years of experience with the following is required: Oracle R12 (12.2), Database (11gR2 - 19c), Oracle RAC, DataGuard, WebLogic, DB performance tuning, ERP architecture, Availability & Maintenance, Backup & Recovery, ERP and DB Security, monitoring, other aspects of DB ERP and DB administration, management of OLTP and DW DBs, manage large data loads/DBs, audit, SQL & UNIX scripting
- Experience with Shareplex
- Experience and knowledge with working in an Exadata environment.
- Experience monitoring and tuning
- Ability to influence across team resources to create buy-in towards the best solutions for the company
- Highly collaborative team player with a roll-up-one's-sleeves attitude, and innate sense of proactivity
- Ability to effectively work with other non-technical productivity tools for communication, reporting, presentation and project management
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent judgement, obsessive attention to detail, great multitasking, and high motivation to get things done
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top