Job Title:Online Engineer-Treyarch
We're looking for a talented and motivated engineer to write and maintain user facing online related features that interface with our existing backend infrastructure and 1st party APIs (PSN, Xbox Live, Battle.net, etc.).
As a studio Online Engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end development, configuration, scripting, deployment and maintenance of your features. For this role, you should be able to quickly familiarize yourself with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing, extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
At Treyarch, our games' post-launch life cycle is richer than ever before with new features and updates being added constantly to support the game's commerce ecosystem. This role plays a key part in ensuring the success of highly critical and dynamic post-launch features.
What you will be doing:
- Implement, debug and optimize online-facing game features in C/C++ and other languages
- Work with manager and other leaders to analyze design specifications for feasibility, technical approach and effort
- Develop, extend and maintain backend scripts in Python
- Utilize in-house UI tools in Lua to help build presentation layers for game features
- Work with the Commerce team and Live-Ops personnel to support the title post-launch.
- Optimize and maintain existing code
The skills and experience you will need:
- 3+ years programming experience with at least 2 years focused on online/networked systems
- Good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineers, designers and producers
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and experience with scripting languages, especially Python
- Knowledge of database concepts and experience writing queries or stored procedures
- Ability to quickly work with internal and externally developed code
- Ability to write clean, portable, reliable code
- Ability to work in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Exceptional problem solving and reasoning skills
- Shipped or supported 1+ game titles
And you will really get our attention if you have any (or all!) of the following:
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field (preferably with an emphasis on Networking or Games)
- Experience with Lua, Python, C# or similar languages
- Experience with RESTful APIs and DBMS/SQL
- Experience with web frameworks such as Flask/Bootstrap/React/Node
- Experience working with eCommerce systems and/or analytics
- Understanding of network protocols, client/server and peer-to-peer architectures
- Strong passion for video games and a sound understanding of game systems as a player
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty's Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
Back to top