Multiplayer Design Scripter/Programmer
- Woodland Hills, CA
Job Title:Multiplayer Design Scripter/Programmer
Job Description: Your Mission
Infinity Ward is seeking a Technical Multiplayer Designer that is looking to create innovative gameplay systems, fun over the top game-modes and visceral in-game moments for an exciting new project. Applicants should have the ability to share gameplay systems that they have personally scripted for an existing title or personal project. All levels of experience are open to apply though a strong programming-oriented portfolio is a must!
Note: If your strength is on the technical side and you're looking to make a shift from Engineering to Design we want to hear from you!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work daily to improve the quality of our multiplayer experience through play-sessions and feedback.
- Think like a Programmer to solve problems and accomplish a vision
- Write gameplay script to provide player passives, build unique player equipment, manage player inventory, track player stats, define gameplay rules, manage player progression and more.
- Provided high-level direction: own a feature or feature set from start to finish. This includes fleshing out the design and then requesting all needed audio, art, animation, vfx, and code. Continue to iterate on the design and integrate these requested items as they come in.
- Demonstrable experience scripting or programming for games, either professionally or personally.
- Knowledge and prior experience with a C style programming or scripting language
- Strong game design skills: Applicants must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games and be able to list techniques used to make fun FPS combat
- Ability to collaborate well within the team
- Efficient at prioritizing to meet deadlines
- Communicate progress with the Directors well and frequently
- MP debugging experience
- Computer Science degree
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and not
Professional game industry experience or accessible portfolio link required.
Back to top