MP Game Designer (Scripter)
- Woodland Hills, CA
Job Title:MP Game Designer (Scripter)
Job Description:Job Title: MP Game Designer (Scripter)
Reporting To: MP Design Director
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty ® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty ® : Ghosts , Call of Duty ® : Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare .Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us athttps://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As a Technical Multiplayer Designerthis person will create innovative gameplay systems, fun over the top game-modes and visceral in-game moments for an exciting new project. Applicants should have the ability to show game-modes or gameplay systems that you have personally scripted for an existing title or personal project.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work daily to improve the quality of our multiplayer experience through play-sessions and feedback.
- Think like a Programmer to solve problems and accomplish a vision.
- Write gameplay script to provide player passives, build unique player equipment, manage player inventory, track player stats, define gameplay rules, manage player progression and more.
- Provided high-level direction: own a feature or feature set from start to finish. This includes fleshing out the design and then requesting all needed audio, art, animation, vfx and code. Continue to iterate on the design and integrate these requested items as they come in.
- Minimum of three 3 years of game industry experience as a Scripter or Programmer.
- Knowledge and prior experience with a C style programming or scripting language.
- Strong game design skills: Applicants must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games and be able to list techniques used to make fun FPS combat.
- Ability to collaborate well with your team.
- Efficient at prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- Communicate progress with the Directors well and frequently.
- MP debugging experience.
- Computer Science degree.
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and not.
Note: If your strength is on the technical side and you're looking to make a shift from Engineering to Design we want to hear from you!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top