Manager - Tax Operations
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Manager - Tax Operations
Job Description:Job Title: Manager, Tax Operations
Reporting To: Director, Tax Operations
Department: Corporate Tax Operations
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Manager, Tax Operations will join a strong corporate tax operations group that is an integral part of the tax team at Activision Blizzard. The Manager will play a key role in helping the team with day-to-day tax operations functions such as Federal & State income tax compliance, indirect tax compliance, worldwide income tax provision, tax controversy and other projects, as required, to support business partners and department needs. This position will also interact with key finance, accounting, and other business partners across Activision Blizzard. We are seeking a self-motivated quick learner and results-oriented team player with strong organization and project management skills. This person will report to the Director, Tax Operations.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation and review of the U.S. Federal and State income tax and franchise tax compliance.
- Assist with the preparation and review of indirect tax compliance, including Sales & Use Tax, Property Tax, and City Business Taxes.
- Partner with other departments to ensure tax compliance information is accurately obtained and analyzed.
- Assist with the preparation and review of quarterly Federal and State estimated tax payments.
- Assist with Federal and State income and indirect tax audits, including preparation of data collection and analysis, reviewing data for accuracy, gathering documentation, and investigating any issues.
- Support HR on state tax questions related to employee mobility.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision calculations in accordance with ASC 740, as needed.
- Work on special projects and tax initiatives, as needed.
- Conduct tax research and document tax matters, as requested.
- Coordinate tax matters with external advisors.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting.
- 5+ years of Corporate Income Tax Experience in Public Accounting and/or Private Industry with a proven track record in business tax compliance.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and accelerated deadlines in a fast-paced, informal work environment.
- Strong organization and execution skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- One Source and Alteryx products experience is a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top