Live Ops Specialist
Job Title:Live Ops Specialist
Job Description:Job Title:Live Ops Specialist
Reporting To: Director, Product - Mobile
Department: Product Team, Mobile
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As a Live Ops Specialist on our mobile team, you will manage the day-to-day operations and help drive the performance on our exciting title - Call of Duty: Mobile. You will own the design, configuration, and execution of in-game events, sales, and offers to increase user LTV. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with not only all functional areas on our team, but Tencent as well. You will constantly learn and make thoughtful recommendations as the product grows to new heights. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-pace environment, running live ops, and have the drive to solve problems.
- Design a strategy and execute events to drive engagement and monetization
- Be the event owner from concept, design, configuration, testing, and execution
- Track and measure the performances of sales, features, A/B tests and optimize them for future occurrences
- Collaborate with our Product Managers and Analysts to monitor the performance of events and sales and their impact on KPIs
- Create and define a Live Ops process to ensure we are using our time and resources in the most efficient way possible
- Strategize and test various hypotheses around live events to improve retention, monetization, and engagement
- Be the owner of our "live operation tools"
- Quantitative skills, with a minimum of 3 years' experience, preferably in games. You'll need to work to identify what matters from what doesn't, and prioritize your time accordingly.
- Creativity. Understand the current events in our game and brainstorm creative campaigns to make meaningful experiences to our users.
- Proven ability to own, build and iterate functions and processes.
- 1+ year experience managing free-to-play mobile game products
- A strong passion for games and gaming, especially mobile!
- Deep understanding of free-to-play games systems and economies
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize time accordingly and execute a plan
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top