Job Title:Lighting Artist - Call of Duty
Job Description: Toys For Bob , developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbusterCall of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionateLighting Artistto join our team as we continue to develop the best games in the industry. This position will play a key role in the team development and coordination of our world-class Art department.
As a LIGHTING ARTIST you will report directly to our Art Director. We're looking for a self-driven artist who enjoys handling a wide variety of work, is eager to learn new techniques and tools, and has a deep passion for creative story telling.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Level Designers, Environment Artists, VFX Artists, and Engineering to deliver a quality realistic style for compelling game environments!
- Produce high end visuals within memory constraints and performance guidelines
- Assist in the documentation and communication of technical and process guidelines for lighting creation and implementation
- Develop and maintain an efficient organization structure for all lighting assets
- Collaborate with Lighting artists\directors across teams and studios to establish a compelling, cohesive look
- Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead
- 5+ years industry experience
- 1 or more title shipped on XBOX\PS4 platforms
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, or other Proprietary Engines
- Expertise in development & implementation of lighting systems and post-process effects
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent understanding of color and color theory, space, material, and light in relation to their application in games
- Knowledge of game engines, tools, pipelines, and development processes
- Ability to research and develop lighting techniques; envision or address tools needs, report and solve bugs
- Proactive, self-motivated, and results-oriented; able to translate visual reference or concept effectively into the game without direct supervision
- Able to collaborate with the team leads to achieve solutions that work for all disciplines
- Open to feedback but also possessing an excellent capacity to solve creative and technical problems and present a compelling vision
- Motivated to learn our internal tools and be willing to seek out the information you need to create beautiful environments within budget.
- Have the capacity to be self-sufficient and solve technical issues that arise during level lighting process
- Knowledge of Maya, Materials and scripting a plus
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages
- Experience with PBR & HDR lighting
- Knowledge of photography principals and image correction techniques
- Passion for first person shooter games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.