Lead VFX Artist
Job Title:Lead VFX Artist
Job Description:RAVEN SOFTWARE , developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a talented and passionate Lead VFX Artist to join our high-caliber team. This position will play a key role in the creative design, asset management, and technical implementation of visual effects and design.
To earn this spot, you have experience delivering high-quality VFX art, fierce art skills in composition and modeling, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of FPS gameplay/landscape, and a deep passion for playing videogames.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a high level of artistic sense and strong technical skills combined with strong leadership qualities. They should drive hard and challenge themselves with the goal of being masters of the craft while inspiring others.
- Working closely with Art Directors, Creative Directors and Level Designers to create top notch in-game particle VFX.
- Scripting out series of VFX events to drive particle behaviors in runtime using our proprietary scripting language.
- Collaborating with prop artists, animators and rigging technical artists to assemble complex layered vehicle destructions and prop destructions using our propriety scripting language and tools.
- Building baked rigid body simulation in-game via Maya and our proprietary scripting language and particle tool to replicate structural destruction animations.
- Creating textures for particle usage.
- Populating environmental VFX in game using our propriety scripting language.
- Tackling runtime rendering performance to help maintain the game running at 60FPS.
- Resolving technical challenges when arise in order to maintain the highest visual bar.
- At least 7+ years of visual effects development
- Solid professional experience and knowledge of the limitations and performance of current generation hardware (Xbox One, PS4).
- Proficient in using Maya and Photoshop.
- Experienced in using After Effects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple disciplines.
- Possesses excellent aesthetic sense with strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of lighting, compositing, digital photography, color theory, 3D modeling and rigging.
- Strong ability in creating atlas textures through simulation.
- Experience in using and modifying real-time materials.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with 3DS Max/Maya, FumeFX, Houdini and Pull Down It is a plus.
- High-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game particle systems.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, generous benefits, highly-skilled teammates, affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life.
Back to top