Lead Technical Artist, Mobile
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Lead Technical Artist, Mobile
Job Description:Job Title: Lead Technical Artist, Mobile
Reporting To: Executive Producer, Design
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision Publishing is currently seeking an experienced Lead Technical Artist for a new mobile title. You should have an expert understanding of FPS and mobile games. In this role you will help rig, skin, and implement our characters and weapons for a forthcoming project. Our perfect candidate will demonstrate a balance of understanding, great art execution and great technical execution. This candidate also needs to be a great team player - never putting oneself over the project needs or the team. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with teams around the world.
- Work hand in hand with the Art Director, Technical Director and Art Leads to set the technical guidelines for content development, finding areas for improvement and to help prototype or implement solutions.
- Explore novel ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design without sacrificing creative control over their craft.
- Rigging, skinning, and asset setup ranging from characters, complex weapons and vehicles, for our current and future projects.
- Collaborate closely with modelers, animators, FX, and engineering - ensuring content meets the technical needs for rigging, skinning, and implementation for the game.
- Managing and maintaining asset integration, files, pipelines and processes.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot assets, look for bugs, and additional polish opportunities to ensure high quality.
- Contribute toward new techniques and process efficiency improvements for general character content development.
- Create and write tools and scripts to help users create content more efficiently, within one platform or across multiple platforms.
- Use your wealth of experience as a creative artist and technical precision skills and balance both. Never sacrificing one for the other.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- At least 8+ years of game development experience
- At least two AAA titles developed and shipped from start to finish
- Be curious and proactive.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals.
- Ability to assess content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge and production experience using Maya.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of facial and figure anatomy, as well as hard surface mechanical shapes.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top