Lead Online Engineer
- Woodland Hills, CA
Job Title:Lead Online Engineer
Job Description:Job Title: Lead Online Engineer
Reporting To: Director of Online Engineering
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty ® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty ® : Ghosts , Call of Duty ® : Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare .Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us athttps://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Take on complex online services and own their technical delivery.
- Drive full stack development for back-end services through to client-side integration.
- Develop a continuous integration and deployment pipeline for online services.
- Develop, teach and implement best practices for service development.
- Maintain strong relationships between the different disciplines.
- Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback and collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and shipping online services at scale.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Experience in core areas of online services development including distributed systems, containerization and high availability.
- Professional experience developing client-side online functionality for AAA games.
- Demonstrable professional experience integrating platform APIs such as Xbox Live, PSN and Steam for a shipped title.
- Strong leadership skills to lead a sub-discipline team.
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining games within a live service environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top