Lead Analyst, Mobile Analytics
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Lead Analyst, Mobile Analytics
Job Description:Job Title: Lead Analyst, Mobile Analytics
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Mobile Analytics
Department: Global Analytics
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Lead Analyst you will be joining a talented team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Economists in Mobile Analytics. You will be driven to find opportunities, recommend improvements and implement changes for the enjoyment of our games for our players. We are looking for an experienced individual that will level up the team around them on best practices with respect to the complex MMP data environment.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Function as an expert on Call of Duty, Mobile business metrics, player & behavioral insights for the organization.
- Work with the business units, studios and executives to understand their goals and requirements with analytics.
- Communicate game health and opportunities on CoD:M through regular reporting.
- Develop requirements for, and monitoring of, intuitive dashboards while automating the recurring needs and requests.
- Providing player insights to Product, Finance & Studio (et. all) stakeholders in support of Live Services (proactively & reactively).
- Develop new analyses outside of regular reporting that will inform the business how to further drive player acquisition, engagement, monetization, and churn mitigation.
- Work collaboratively with our data, data science and innovation teams to ensure best practices and knowledge sharing occurs.
- BA/BS degree required withtechnicalfocus, MSor PhDdegree a plus
- Strong experience working in the Mobile app environment is required, experience working on games a plus (e.g. MMP data models, limitations and mitigation strategies, etc.)
- Strong technical skills with SQL, R/ Python for data analysis and visualization tools - familiarity working in a notebook-based workflow a plus
- Expert at being able to derive the narrative from the data and communicate convincing stories, driving positive change to the product for our players
As a top performer you will demonstrate:
The ideal candidate will be a motivated data expert who wants to grow their analytics toolset in a fast-paced business environment, focused on delivering value to stakeholders, and has a passion for video games. Because you also understand gamers' mindset, you are reliably able to qualitatively deduce and draw quantitative conclusions from player behavioral data that directly influence game design, play balance, player retention and monetization. Your success will be reflected by:
- Measurable consumer engagementimpact through analysis, statistical models or products built
- Measurable revenue impact through analysis, statistical modelsor products built
- Measurable consumer experience impact through analysis, statistical models or products built
- Measurable efficiencies in products, tools and process development processes
- Qualitative and quantitative deductions from experimentation that lead to product optimization
- Proactive leadershipthatpositivelyimpactson the team's culture
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top