Junior Environment Artist
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Junior Environment Artist
Job Description:RAVEN SOFTWARE , developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionate Junior Environment Artist to join our talented team as we continue to develop the best game experiences in the industry.
This is a temporary position.
Ideal candidates have a strong passion for their craft and creating realistic models, textures and environments. This role will work alongside and train with experienced Raven artists to complete content for our high profile games. All artists work on in-game content. This is a great opportunity to further develop skills, help the team, and improve your portfolio and see your work on the market.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with art directors, environment artists and designers
• Create, edit, and optimize realistic detailed 3d environments
• Understand the requirements and constraints of the game design, engine and platform - creatively solve challenging budget and technical limitations to ensure effective implementation of evocative environments
• Create a variety of models (structures, terrain, props) from photo reference and concept
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with the development team
• Quickly learn and adapt to new tools, processes, and pipelines
• Working with your assigned mentor, meet training and coaching expectations and assignments
• Basic game engine experience - Unreal4, Id Tech (Radiant) and/or Hammer
• Demonstrated modeling skill and experience in a major 3d package (3DS Max or Maya)
• Photoshop familiarity & competency, prefer basic understanding of shader creation
• Friendly, helpful, and collaborative in a team based environment; self-motivated, results-oriented self-starter with a strong artistic vision
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, with a basic ability to communicate visually utilizing traditional media
• Basic awareness of game engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints
• Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current-gen 2d/3d asset creation, ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments
Back to top