Japanese Language Specialist
Job Title:Japanese Language Specialist
Job Description: Japanese Language Specialist The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the localisation of assigned products from planning through to delivery. This is a fixed-term contract for a minimum of 12 months' duration. Translate / Proofread scripts, in-game text and other video game-related documents from English to Japanese
- Demonstrated creative translation expertise and experience in voice script localisation and adaptation.
- Perform audio casting, as well as audio file review for the Japanese language.
- Play the game during development to develop a deep understanding of the game to ensure proper context for delivering creative translations.
- An understanding of local and market cultural sensitivities would be an advantage
- Specialisation - having a deep understanding of different gaming genres an advantage, such as military and sci-fi shooters and horror.
- Liaise with external Japanese localisation agencies and translators including answering their queries in a prompt and timely manner.
- Partner with external Japanese localisation agencies to decide questions of style.
- Build relations with external localisation agencies ensuring they fully understand the quality of localisation required.
- Work with the internal Project Management team to develop and implement plans which will deliver quality in the Japanese language games.
- Work with the internal QA Department to help co-ordinate the quality assurance process for localised versions of products and be a point of escalation and advice for the Japanese localisation testers specifically.
- Communicate in a clear and timely fashion any risks, which could impact the delivery\budget\quality of the product. Put corrective measures in place where possible.
- Create / Maintain the game glossary and style guide
- Bug fixing of the game as required
- Fulfill QA testing duties as requested\required
- Strong written Japanese skills with an ability to write creatively when required and Strong English language skills
- 12 months' previous experience as a Japanese Translator within the video game industry.
- Localisation - a minimum of 12 months' previous experience internationalization \ localization process for Japanese
- Process development - has the ability to review and create process focusing on efficiency improvements.
Back to top