Indirect Tax Compliance Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Job Title:Indirect Tax Compliance Manager
Job Description:Job Title: Indirect Tax Compliance Manager
Reporting To: Director, Indirect Tax
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho
We are looking for an Indirect Tax Compliance Manager to work with our our indirect tax team based in London, Amsterdam, and Barcelona and actively engage with our finance and other teams around the world.
Key responsibilities as the Indirect Tax Compliance Manager will include:
- Supervise and actively work with the indirect tax compliance team in Amsterdam to ensure periodical tax returns and related cross-border filings and statistical reporting are made accurately
- Coordinate with the team and other groups across the company in to ensure approvals, filings, and payments are obtained and made on time
- Make sure indirect tax accounts are in line with related filings and reconcile balances on regular basis
- Ensure indirect tax SOX controls are timely carried out and correctly documented
- Actively support implementation for electronic indirect tax reporting (e.g. making tax digital for the UK)
- Support in coordination with the Indirect Tax Director related audits
- Work closely with the Indirect Tax Director to ensure indirect taxes accounted for and reported correctly with respect to new games and products
- Pursue opportunities to make compliance processes more efficient and robust, including working with IT to develop an understanding of our accounting and other systems
As the team member accountable for the company's indirect tax compliance and reporting function, the Indirect Tax Compliance Manager will have the opportunity to engage with and develop a deep understanding of the company's international operations and accounting. In doing so, the Indirect Tax Compliance Manager will become a valuable resource to our integrated tax team.
As an Indirect Tax Compliance Manager you have an aptitude for organization, curiosity to understand our business and indirect tax procedures, and a hands-on approach to verify indirect tax related filings and reporting are correct and in line with the company's accounts.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who has:
- Preferably a degree in accounting
- Significant practical in-house indirect tax compliance, and/or related accounting, experience in a multinational company
- Good basic understanding of international indirect tax, including an understanding of tax concepts as they apply to the digital economy
- Ability to work with and lead remote team members, and flexiblity for some travel, given the location of the indirect tax compliance team in Amsterdam
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 and OBIEE and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Avalara is a benefit for this role
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and balance multiple priorities while working under tight time constraints
- Strong communication and organization skills
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top