Graphics Engineer, Mobile
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Graphics Engineer, Mobile
Job Description:Job Title: Graphics Engineer, Mobile
Reporting To: Technical Development Director
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Graphics Engineer to join the Mobile Team to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As a Graphics Engineer you will architect, refactor, optimize and maintain the rendering pipeline for our Mobile platforms. This also involves adjusting and optimizing our graphical tool-chain for Mobile. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with a global team.
Your goals and responsibilities include ensuring our rendering pipeline are highly efficient on a range of Mobile devices and can scale accordingly. Improvements, refactoring and optimizations will be implemented by you with guidance from the Technical Director. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
You report in to a (Technical) Development Director and will be guided by the Technical Director, Mobile, who you will work with to ensure implementation aligns with strategy and priorities.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems
- Design, implement, and iterate on new features and development tools for artists
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution with a Mobile Rendering focus
- Responsible for performance of rendering pipeline on Mobile devices which includes supporting tools to report status and progress
- Communicate with other departments within the team and Activision global community to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- 3+ years programming experience
- Contributed on at least one Mobile title as a graphics engineer using Metal or Vulkan as primary rendering pipeline
- Advanced understanding of C / C++ and HLSL
- An ability to operate within a large, constantly evolving C++ codebase
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on multi-platform projects
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Excellent communications skills
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- Knowledge of computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection, network programming
- Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
- Experience of working in cross- or remote-studio environment
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top