Job Title:Gameplay Engineer
Job Description: GameplayEngineer
We are seeking an experienced Gameplay Engineer to work on a new, unannounced, Activision project led by industry veterans Fred Ford and Paul Reiche. You will have hands-on Unity 3D experience and the knowhow to build robust systems like combat, enemy AI, locomotion, and fun player controls for AAA games. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. IMPORTANT SECRET: While this opportunity is indeed located in Novato, CA, it is not actually a Toys for Bob studio project. SO WHAT IS IT?!!! If you sign our very fancy NDA, we'll tell you more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with designers to create new gameplay systems.
- Implement new features for Player Characters, Enemy AI, and level mechanics.
- Optimization workrelated to performance and bandwidth improvementsas necessary.
- Bug fixing and polish tasks.
Requirements for this role include:
- Fluency in 3D math, related to game programming.
- Fluency in C#.
- Strong design sensibilities and outstanding communication skills.
- Staunch work ethic and high personal standards of quality.
- Someexperience in games.
You will really get our attention if you demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years ofgame engineering, especially UI.
- Experience developing and shipping AAA console games, especially multiplayer.
- Unity 3D experience.
- AAA play-control logic, especially on anactiontitle.
- Modern animation techniques and blend trees.
- Networked game logic/physics.
- Real-world AI methods.
- Extending an established code base.
- Shipped title(s).
Meet Some of Activision's Employees
Evan B.Motion Capture Producer
Evan delivers high quality body motion capture, face capture, audio, and character likeness assets that allow artists and animators to create lifelike graphics across all of Activision’s beloved franchises.
Back to top