Game Software Engineer (Online)-Treyarch
Job Title:Game Software Engineer (Online)-Treyarch
Job Description: Online Engineer
Treyarch is looking for a talented engineer to help bring our online experience to a higher level. As Online Engineer, you will be responsible for client features, multiplayer systems, online community features, tools and more (did we mention eSports?). An Online Engineer should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
**We will consider candidates at all levels, depending on experience.
What you will be doing:
- Design, Implement, debug and optimize systems in C/C++ and other languages.
- Work closely with other Engineering and Design teams (Gameplay, UI) as well as the Backend developers to prototype, develop and refine features.
- Authors or contributes to technical designs and documentation.
- Optimizing and maintaining existing code.
- Take ownership of a larger Online system or tools.
- 3+ years programming experience with at least 1 year focus on networking and online systems
- Shipped 1+ game title(s)
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and experience with a scripting language(s)
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
- Good understanding of network protocols, client/server and peer-to-peer architectures
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineers, systems designers and producers.
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field (preferably with an emphasis on Networking or Games).
- Experience with LUA, Python and other script languages
- Experience with matchmaking and party management systems
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
Back to top