- El Segundo, CA
Job Title:Front-End Developer
Job Description:Job Title: Front-End Developer
Reporting To: Manager, User Experience
Department: Player Support
Location: El Segundo, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision Player Support is seeking a full-time Front-End Developer to develop applications using Adobe's AEM platform. The Front-End Developer will take on an integral role in our growing internal development team. You will be responsible for consulting, developing and the administration of industry leading support experiences alongside our existing development team. The Front-End Developer will be part of a dynamic, fun, and highly collaborative environment where they will be involved in helping to lead project implementation, web development, and any related training efforts. Serving as a key technical role in web production, you'll work on a variety of technical projects collaborating with team members throughout our global organization as-well as create custom web pages, templates, and components for both the administrative authoring and front-end experiences.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build websites and applications using our digital experience platforms.
- Develop components, templates, dialogs, and workflows using Adobe AEM Technologies (Java, Sightly, Sling, CRX, HTL, JSP). (a plus)
- Create and build UI experiences that will allow web production to update and publish business critical content for support.activision.com
- Collaborate with technology teams to build and maintain web applications using our CMS tool to include site architecture, custom components, and workflow development.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Participate in functional specification, design and code reviews.
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment.
- Maintain and understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications and participate in collaborative team efforts with responsive, user experience and user interface design.
- Assessing and understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs. desktop) and optimizing output to function on specific platforms.
- Identify and Influence opportunities for process and tool improvements.
- Experience working with third party services, APIs, and content management systems.
- BS/BA Degree in a related and/or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years inenterprise webdevelopment formajorpublic-facing web site. (Candidate must have prior experience intranet/internet web sites development).
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning.
- Understanding of continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery practices tools and process.
- Knowledge of modern web development practices such asGit, SVN, Maven and Agile development.
- Motivation and an interest in enhancing skills and learning new technologies.
- The ability to work independently with minimal oversight while delivering outstanding results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years directly involved withAdobe Experience Manager development (AEM 6.0/6.2/6.3). (a plus)
- Solid development experience for web applicationsinJava/J2EEtechnologies. (a plus)
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud and/or Sketch is a bonus
- Knowledge of video games and the video game industry is a huge plus.
- Have a strong grasp of storytelling through layout and information design
- Able to speak not just passionately about your work but also plainly to those who are inexperienced
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top