Expert Software Engineer, Analytics
- Boulder, CO
Job Title:Expert Software Engineer, Analytics
Job Description:Job Title: Expert Software Engineer, Analytics
Reporting To: Technical Senior Manager, Central Tech
Department: Central Tech
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Activision's Demonware Analytics Products team is seeking an Expert Software Engineer, Analytics with experience building web data infrastructure and performing statistical analysis on in-game features. This role will work on a team developing the next generation of data-driven game experiences covering everything from the in-game economy to player personalization to game content recommendation systems.
- Analyze massive data sets to optimize game engineering workflows
- Collaborate with the team to deliver complex analytics to our portfolio of games with an easy-to-understand UI
- Partner with game studios to identify and troubleshoot engineering bottlenecks
- Develop web tools for extracting, analyzing, and presenting game data
- Build and deploy back-end web architecture
- Demonstrated proficiency with game and web scripting languages
- Solid experience working with Big Data technologies (Spark, Presto, SQL)
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases (SQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch)
- Experience working with virtualized/containerized environments (EC2, EKS, Docker) in a production environment
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- BA/BS degree in a technical field (computer science, math, physics)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top