Director, Product Management Free to Play - Live Services
Job Title:Director, Product Management Free to Play - Live Services
Job Description:Job Title: Director, Product Management Free to Play - Live Services
Reporting To: Vice President, Product Management
Department: Product Management
Location: Santa Monica, California
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Director of Product Management Free to Play - Live Services you will be responsible for driving growth for the Call of Duty franchise, within Activision's publishing organization. This position is responsible for Live Services management for the franchise, with a focus on player acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the franchise Live Services business, with a focus on player acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization
- Working closely with game development studios, production and cross-functional teams to help define, launch and optimize post launch features, in-game events and content roadmap
- Champion data-driven decision-making and the player experience, driving best practices around KPIs/metrics, analysis frameworks, and application of business intelligence tools
- Take a key role in defining future franchise strategy - business opportunities, business models, and product opportunities
- Partner closely with the Performance Marketing cross-functional team to focus on user acquisition and efforts to drive title growth and retention
- Partner with cross functional team and drive best in class Go To Market plans, product marketing strategies, and campaign execution
Year 1 Success:
- Drive player engagement and retention, resulting in positive impact to key KPIs
- Build deep relationships and collaboration with development studios
- Hyper-collaboration across business unit and cross functional teams
- Strong educational background. MBA preferred
- 7+ years experience in product marketing/management
- Previous experience in digital product management / live services a must
- Experience and track record of driving commercial success and managing live services/live ops at scale. Previous experience managing AAA titles preferred
- Strong understanding of complex ecosystems in the video game industry
- Experience with various analytics tools, and business intelligence tools
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
- Excellent ability to extract relevant data in order to identify possible causes for the problem; critically examines issues, analyzes information to determine and ascertain the most likely cause of the problem, identifies a number of solutions to the problem
- Delivers messages in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Models and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Finds and champions the best creative ideas and actively moves them into implementation
- Proactively develops relationships with a wide variety of people
- Effectively aligns the interest of multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Pursues everything with energy and drive and puts in the extra effort to get things to the finish line
- Builds immediate rapport, even when facing difficult or tense situations
- Persists in the face of challenges and set-backs
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top