Job Title:Director, People Analytics
Job Title:Director, People Analytics
Reporting To: VP, Productivity and Transformation
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
You are always looking for ways to innovate with technology-disseminating new ideas to enable the team and organization-and scaling analytics programs to improve efficiencies. You are forward-thinking-a unwavering supporter for predictive analytics-and outside-looking-you stay plugged into what's happening with customers, the workforce and its issues, competitors, as well as the global marketplace. You are a polished speaker capable of evangelizing data-driven solutions internally and externally. You enjoy constantly learning and applying new advances in people analytics to the organization.
You are a strategic thought partner across all areas of Human Resources and the business to identify opportunities for using people metrics and analytics to improve HR performance and drive business performance. This position is responsible for building Activision's HR people analytics capabilities, executing predictive analysis, and data mining, and for adding relevant insight for both the HR group and the organization more broadly.
The ideal candidate has an excellent analytic skill set and a keen interest in how people performance drives a business. They are collaborative, creative and able to quickly get to the root of an issue. They create and seize opportunities to win, even when faced with ambiguity, and have a true passion for driving results and impact.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering business intelligence, dashboards and models
- Sets the bar for delivering high value add client solutions
- Works closely and often leads team members to solve complex insight challenges across all facets of HR.
- Works across other centers of excellence to ensure aligned technology and analytics roadmaps. Has a commercial mind, underpinned with strong math and statistical knowledge
- Leads the delivery of HR metrics and analysis overall and by business, ensuring that the data is relevant, timely and tells a meaningful story
- Helps define priorities and inform long-term insights and intelligence strategy including an analytics roadmap, with short and long-term goals and a focus on gaining and improving predictive capabilities
- Drives outcomes in the business by consulting with HR generalists on how data and analytics can enable change within their organization
- Build out full employee lifecycle metrics at understanding the entire employee experience from application to exit
- Conduct quarterly updates with HR leadership to share key people metrics and insights
- Conducts predictive and behavioral modeling in support of talent acquisition, turnover and retention, workforce effectiveness, and employee engagement
- Leads the delivery of ad hoc analyses on HR topics to drive strategic and tactical decision making and conducts trend analysis to measure ongoing results
- Supports Talent Planning efforts to ensure process is grounded in scalable and actionable HR analytics with priorities backed by data
- Challenges the status quo and constantly seeks continuous improvement for all HR processes, initiatives, ways of working, etc.
- Own vision, roadmap, implementation and support for reporting and analytics tools/services (Visier, Survey vendors, reporting in other HR tools).
- Ensure all government and operational reports are delivered by the team accurately and on time
- Collaborate with team members in developing and maintaining training materials and documentation (i.e. data dictionaries and Visier training)
- Play a SME role on HR technology projects as related to reporting and analytics
- Serves as subject matter expert for HR related metrics at Activision/Blizzard.
- Benchmarks key measures against external industry, region and "best in class" peers and applies best practice research to identify links between human capital and business performance
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- BA or BS required, MS or PHD preferred
- 5+ years professional experience in Workforce analytics with exposure and understanding of reporting and HR systems
- Experience with business intelligence visualization tools (Tableau, Visier)
- Passion for empirical research and qualitative research
- Experience with statistical analysis, predictive and behavioral modeling
- Collaborative team player with exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to synthesize data, metrics and analysis across different functions of Human Resources, multiple systems, internal and external sources and integrate into a holistic, actionable direction
- Experienced people/team leader
- High-impact communication skills with ability to present complex data in logical, concise and insightful ways
- Ability to get in front of a room and lead a training session
- Results orientation with strong track record of success and real impact
- Evidence of learning quickly and ability to build on existing business foundations
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to oversee and deliver across multiple tasks and deadlines
- Integrity, advanced professionalism and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company and employee information
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.