Director, Experiential Marketing/Events
Job Title:Director, Experiential Marketing/Events
Job Description:Job Title: Director, Experiential Marketing/Events
Reporting To: SVP, Global Marketing
Department: Consumer Marketing
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Director, Experiential Marketing/Events oversees the execution of all marketing and PR events, trade-shows, and internal events. The Director is responsible for helping to develop and implement the event strategy and overall strategy in regards to events for Activision Publishing and our game franchises. The role reports directly to SVP, Global Marketing. It will be the Lead of the Experiential team (contract positions and/or permanent). And works closely with consumer marketing, product marketing, PR, and corporate communications teams.
• Manage execution and implementation on all external Marketing and PR Events including but not limited to: E3, XP (if occurring), Comic-Con, Toy Fair, The Licensing Show, GamesCom (with International team), GDC, PAX, PR events, live stream events, first-party and partnerships integrations, and launch events.
• Manage execution and implementation on all internal Events including but not limited to: Board Meetings, Summit meetings, and Employee events.
• Oversee development and planning
• Leverage existing properties across multiple events
• Manage external agencies and partners
• Manage internal team, including FTEs, contractors, temporary employees, and event-specific hires
• Liaise with all internal stakeholders
• Develop and manage event budgets and oversee annual fiscal planning for department
• Work with SVP, Global Marketing and teams to define event strategy both for singular events as well as within scope of entire campaign
• Work with Consumer Marketing and Product Marketing teams for overall strategy, budget and creative concerns
• 10+ years experience managing large-scale events
• Prior experience managing budgets over $5MM
• Prior experience working with and/or managing multiple Agency partners
• Proven history of managing events to serve multiple different brand properties in same year
• Proven history of creative thinking & innovation in execution and implementation of events
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to create and give strong and compelling presentations
• Strong negotiating skills
- Educational Requirements: Undergraduate Degree
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top