Director, Commercial Strategy
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Director, Commercial Strategy
Job Description:Job Title: Director, Commercial Strategy
Reporting To: SVP, Global Digital & Americas Revenue
Department: Global Digital and Mobile Commerce
Location: Santa Monica, California
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Director, Commercial Strategy you will be responsible for leading the development of commercial business strategies in support of maximizing the value of the Activision Blizzard games business globally. Working with the SVP, Revenue and supporting the Chief Revenue Officer, this leader will work across digital, retail and mobile, with a focus on business transformation in the dynamic and evolving interactive entertainment space. The scope of work ranges from short term strategy development (eg current year objectives, team alignment, and tactical support), including business support to the SVP and CRO for internal and external key stakeholder meetings, to mid and long-term commercial approach (defining the operating models between direct sales, distributors, digital retailers, and direct-to-consumer channels).
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Partner with SVP/CRO on long term global commercial strategy development across Digital, Mobile and Retail, including the regional sub-strategies
- Identify gaps between our digital strategy and the market readiness for that strategy
- Identify commercial opportunities to enhance our ability to deliver digital growth
- Determine partnership objectives, including technical and business requirements
- Develop commercial KPIs and metrics against initiatives
- Work with internal stakeholders (including studios, finance, and legal) to ensure alignment with broader company strategies
- Contribute to Annual Operating Plans and Long Range Plans across all Activision and Blizzard franchises
- Participate in long term organizational design
- Develop internal and external presentations
- Manage the Commercial Strategy department (currently three people including this Director role)
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required
Year 1 Success
- Create a revenue growth strategy for one of our regions that delivers material revenue growth
- Drive changes in overall global operating model
- Develop a digital transition plan to drive the shift from retail to digital
- Build relationships across Activision Blizzard, including Blizzard franchise leads, Activision leadership team and global GTM teams
Key Working Relationships:
- Franchise leaders and their teams
- Regional MDs and their strategic leads
- Consumer Marketing / Digital Marketing
- Business Units and Commercial Teams
- Performance Marketing team
- Data Analytics team
- Retail Sales
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing strategy and plans for digital revenue growth
- Proven experience leading large-scale, cross-organizational, complex programs or projects
- Proven successes working with executive clients and deftly guiding complex decisions
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a matrixed organization and thrive in a dynamic industry, business and technical environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders throughout the organization
- Ability to lead and influence without explicit authority
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Comfortable presenting and communicating to large groups and across all levels of the organization in an effective, situationally appropriate, clear, and high-quality manner
- Ability to work independently and deliver results with little supervision
- Detail- and results-oriented; driven and self-motivated with strong initiative
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Problem solver, analytical and organized thinker
- Experience in training, mentoring, and managing others
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related discipline or prior work experience in one or more of these disciplines
- Big 4 management consulting experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related advanced degree
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top