Director, Call of Duty Strategic Initiatives
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Director, Call of Duty Strategic Initiatives
Job Description:Job Title: Director, Call of Duty Strategic Initiatives
Reporting To: Vice President, Call of Duty Strategic Initiatives
Department: Studio Management
Location: Santa Monica, California
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Director, Call of Duty Strategic Initiatives you will be responsible for driving strategy, planning, and leading strategic growth initiatives across Call of Duty development.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically at a global level and effectively develop key processes, procedures and communications that facilitate planning and execution of key priorities for COD. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination, excellent communication skills, operational excellence, and the ability to build strong internal/external relationships.
The Director, Call of Duty Strategic Initiatives will provide insight and advice to COD Leadership and extended Activision Executive Leadership Team (ELT) around financial and operational issues, participate in overall strategic planning and decisions, and partner in business execution. We are looking for a self-starter who can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Strategy and planning
- In collaboration with COD Leadership, set and drive the strategic objectives of the COD Development organization
- Craft strategies and execution plans related to critical/strategic development initiatives
- Drive alignment for initiatives across Studios and BUs
- Engage with the Activision ELT on strategic initiatives/projects, contributing to the strategic agenda for Activision
- Be an agent of change who identifies, forms and drives execution of cross-functional projects to optimize organizational performance and meet franchise goals/objectives
- Insure appropriate resources are in place across organization to deliver against franchise goals/objectives
- Develop, track, and assess key performance measures across cross-functional projects
- Partner with Human Resources for people operations/people strategy for COD development population
- Disseminate critical information and manage / distribute communications to the COD Leadership Team and Activision ELT as needed
- Take on highly complex and strategic projects in partnership with COD Leadership.
- Manage, guide and ultimately own recommendations related to project work
- Ad-hoc analysis and decision support and leadership across projects
Principal Working Relationships:
Call of Duty Leadership Team, CTO, Call of Duty Studio heads, Activision ELT, Finance, and Human Resources
- Masters Degree/MBA
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
Special Knowledge, Skills: (Tools and Technology, Technical Skills)
- Experience managing simultaneous strategic projects across a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing cross functional teams
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Excellent and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a variety of internal and external partners
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail but ability to think, operate and communicate at an executive level
- Strategic thinker but also able to operate on a tactical level to manage the day to day operations of the department. Must be comfortable with all degrees of ownership
Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
- 5-7 years of work experience in project/business management, consulting or related fields
Other Qualifications and/or Requirements:(Years of exp. required, keycompetencies to be successful)
- People Leadership - Excellent leadership skills and the ability to develop strong/trusting relationships
- Deep learning agility in order to address technical/development related challenges/issues and operate in an complex, fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of the game development process with a passion for technology, games, entertainment
- Integrity, excellent judgment and discretion, diplomacy skills
- Ability to envision and devise new approaches, concepts, models, designs and processes
- Ability to adapt to change
- Willingness to travel frequently, as needed
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top