Director, Call of Duty Endowment Marketing
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Director, Call of Duty Endowment Marketing
Job Description:Job Title: Director, Call of Duty Endowment Marketing
Reporting To: Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Director, Call of Duty Endowment
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
Our company is deeply committed to meaningful social impact, most notably through our flagship charitable effort, The Call of Duty Endowment, the world's largest and most effective private funder of veteran employment.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the Director, Call of Duty Endowment Marketing you will drive and be accountable for all Marketing efforts for the Endowment and will dual report to the Chief Marketing Officer and the Executive Director, Call of Duty Endowment.
The Call of Duty Endowment is a 501(c)(3) non-profit private foundation supported by Activision Blizzard. To date, the Endowment has awarded more than $42 million in grants to non-profits that demonstrate the highest level of effectiveness, efficiency and integrity in placing veterans in quality jobs. The Endowment's rigorous partner selection process has allowed it to achieve an average cost-per-placement of <$499 compared to the +$3,000 spent by the government. In addition to providing funding to the highest performing veterans' employment organizations, the Endowment partners with its grantees to provide advice and support aimed at helping them sharpen their already top-notch skills.
Established in 2009, Call of Duty Endowment had an initial goal to identify and fund best-in-class organizations to place 25,000 U.S. veterans in jobs by the end of 2018. That goal was met two years early and was subsequently revised to place 50,000 veterans into high-quality jobs by 2019. That goal was also reached ahead of schedule. Now, the Endowment is marching towards a new goal of securing placements for 100,000 veterans by 2024!
The Director, Call of Duty Endowment Marketing will be responsible for building awareness for the Endowment and driving positive sentiment about the merits of helping veterans find high quality careers at employers in the US and UK. S/he will partner closely with other marketing, communications, commercial and product teams, to develop and execute programs that raise awareness of the value vets bring to the workplace and attract new supporters to the cause.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the brand, awareness and marketing strategy for the Call of Duty Endowment, including a comprehensive, year-round marketing program based on clearly articulated objectives
- Develop global, omnichannel marketing campaigns that target The Endowment's key target audiences: our players, veteran supporters, thought leaders, companies and government agencies
- Lead outreach efforts across owned social channels, The Endowment website, in-game messaging, earned media, paid media, influencers and media partners
- Bring new, creative ideas to the table, as well as collaboratively build on others' concepts to drive community outreach, contributions and placements
- Partner with Analytics and Consumer Insights teams to standardize campaign metrics, monitor and measure marketing effectiveness of campaigns and utilize learnings to continue improving KPIs across initiatives for The Endowment
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Digital Marketing, PR, CRM, Media, Events, Sales, and Partnerships to drive 360⁰ campaigns for The Endowment
The successful candidate must possess unquestionable character and absolute integrity. S/he will be a proven leader with a blend of superior technical, operational and leadership skills continuously applied to improve the business and operations of the company. Additionally, s/he should possess exceptional attention to detail, strong initiative, planning and critical thinking skills while serving as a hands-on leader and collaborator. The ideal candidate will be a leader with deep experience and a clear track record of developing disruptive and innovative campaigns that push the boundaries of new platforms and rethink ways to engage communities.
Specific requirements include:
- 10+ years of experience in various aspects of marketing including PR/communications, brand development, digital marketing, product, and account management
- A passion to make a positive difference in the lives of military veterans
- Experience collaborating within a large organization, driving creative work with multiple departments
- Experience designing and supporting integrated campaigns utilizing digital marketing, social media, paid media, influencers and partnerships
- Experience working with 3rdParty agencies/partners
- Production experience working on video shoots for short-form and long-form video
- Familiarity with the gaming industry and overall enthusiasm for gaming
- Appetite for all things digital and social -- up to date on the latest platforms and technologies and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs
- Ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders and all levels of management
- Experience in philanthropic work (preferably organizations connected to supporting veteran causes)
- Must be effective in communicating (both written and verbal) with technical development team members, as well as non-technical resources, including management and brand marketing
B achelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing. Graduate degree a plus.
Defining Year 1 Success
- Increase reach amongst key target audiences by becoming a top 6 veteran non-profit by social media reach and achieving 20% YoY growth in average campaign unique impressions
- Grow awareness of The Endowment among the target audience, including a +5 percentage point increase in aided awareness among Call of Duty gamers as measured by annual surveys
- Drive change in sentiment regarding Call of Duty with +5 percentage point sentiment improvement among gamers aware of The Endowment as measured by pre/post qualitative wave
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top