Director, Ad Platform Product Management - Activision Blizzard Media
Job Title:Director, Ad Platform Product Management - Activision Blizzard Media
Job Description: Job Title: Director, Ad Platform Product Management
Reporting To: VP of Ad Product
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a skilled Product Management leader that has a passion for digital advertising and data-driven platforms. You enjoy gaining a deep understanding of relevant technology and your target customer, creatively solving tough problems, and can effectively communicate your solutions. You are a team player as well as skilled manager. You enjoy playing with data to support your decisions, pinpointing areas of product prioritization and helping align tactical implementation with corporate strategy. Working with internal teams and external stakeholders you will identify product opportunities and partner with Engineering to build effective solutions. You will be responsible for the provision vision, strategy, roadmap, and feature definition of our overall ad platform. You need a strong understanding of the back-end workings of an ad platform such as ad serving, yield optimization, forecasting and targeting as well as understand how to make customer-facing features as usable as possible.
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate product needs and identify key business drivers in order to develop a product strategy and roadmap aligned with our overall vision.
- Manage, motivate and grow a team of highly effective product managers.
- Develop detailed product requirements and work with engineering to verify understanding and determine LOE.
- Build business cases and analytical support/insight for new business initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues for particular customer personas, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results.
- Collaborate with Ad Experience product team to ensure the technology platform can support highly innovative experiences.
- Minimum 7+ years as a product manager with at least 2 years managing direct reports in digital advertising or related industry required. Ideally, you will have a strong understanding of programmatic media buying.
- Ideally you have worked on the supply side at a leading publisher with bonus points if it had a large mobile presence.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- Strong organizational skills; able to align your team against several projects at the same time while making sure they focus on the highest priorities.
- Strong communication skills so that senior executives understand your product goals and support them.
- Have worked in large global organizations and managed a distributed team
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
Meet Some of Activision's Employees
Evan B.Motion Capture Producer
Evan delivers high quality body motion capture, face capture, audio, and character likeness assets that allow artists and animators to create lifelike graphics across all of Activision’s beloved franchises.
Back to top