Creative Team Lead, User Acquisition
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Creative Team Lead, User Acquisition
Job Description:Job Title: Creative Team Lead, User Acquisition
Reporting To: Senior Creative Director
Department: Marketing Creative
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Creative Team Lead for User Acquisition you will oversee and support a multidisciplinary team of creatives responsible for creating all UA materials for our Mobile titles. Their team will be made up of video editors, designers and GFX artists, all working in tandem on projects directly in-house, and supplemental materials sent to external agencies.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a leader on the team's multidisciplinary creative team, focusing on User Acquisition for a variety of Activision titles
- Lead video, design, motion graphics and game capture artists in the creation of AAA creative toolsets
- Help creatively direct external agencies in producing large quantities of creative assets to use for UA and performance testing
- Conceptualize unique and diverse ads that stand apart from others in the space
- Partner with the department's other leads and creative producers to strategize content
- Be a champion in maintaining internal/external client relations
- Inspire as a leader through peer influence and example-setting
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously, while communicating with customers to ensure that their content guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Be able to flex into multiple asset types for multiple game franchises
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the entire UA creative effort, including project and title assignment, quality control, training, and coaching.
- Participate in the interview and performance review process for members of the UA team.
- This is a role that requires a flexible, adaptable, and calm creative individual that understands how small assets fit into a much larger ecosystem
- Should be interested in developing ad creative that drives behavior
- Must be able to adapt creative style in order to address the needs of multiple audiences on multiple AAA franchises, in multiple genres
- Experience with and working knowledge of various creative disciplines including design, motion graphics, video editing, and audio.
- Ability to deliver quality and creativity (with and without direction) within the context of a variety of game genres. A portfolio demonstrating relevant work is required.
- Able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines; organized, detail-oriented and friendly
- Must be able to apply knowledge, experience, and learnings to real situations to help solve problems
- Passionate about video games and mobile gaming
- 3 years of people management and creative leadership required
- Experience in User Acquisition creative required
- 4-year college degree preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top