Consumer Marketing Manager - Call of Duty
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Consumer Marketing Manager - Call of Duty
Job Description:Job Title: Consumer Marketing Manager - Call of Duty
Reporting To: Director/Senior Manager, Consumer Marketing
Department: Consumer Marketing
Location: Santa Monica, California
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Consumer Marketing Manager - Call of Duty you will partner directly with the Product Management team to ensure product strategies, brand and company objectives are met in all consumer facing marketing assets. You will oversee day-to-day management of external creative agency partners, and help manage the approval process of all creative materials within Activision headquarters and with the game development team.
The right candidate must have the ability to think ahead, work independently, but also contribute cross-functionally to benefit the business, drive go-to-market plans and have the confidence to speak up and lead.While impeccable project management skills sit at the core of this role, this individual will also need to contribute at the strategic level to drive all marketing initiatives, interface with our development partners and lead agency partners.
A passion for video games is a mandate, and experience with innovative marketing programs and brands that do this as well. Video game category experience is great too (although not mandatory).
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Director/Senior Manager of Consumer Marketing in the managing of global marketing plans, creative executions and production process of all communication vehicles for Call of Duty, including but not limited to: TV and digital advertising, out-of-home, trailers, visual identity, packaging, digital commerce, retail, trade, media integrations, events, social and CRM activities. The role will touch Call of Duty game launches as well as live ops/live game ongoing marketing.
- Champion Consumer Marketing projects directly with external Agency Partners to identify product creative strategy and ensure all communications materials deliver against that strategy.
- Own and drive project management pipelines for overall schedules and deadlines, review Agency estimates for services and manage costs versus budgets, manage trafficking/approvals process, and manage asset needs and distribution to International Offices.
- Lead Creative Briefings and attend subsequent Creative Reviews to provide feedback and direction.
- Communicate and motivate cross-functional teams around a single strategy.
- Day-to-day management of external Creative Agency Partners.
- Collaborate with key development studio personnel on go-to-market strategies and creative asset development.
- Coordinate with key Digital and Physical Commercial teams and Retail and Sales personnel on trade and consumer marketing programs, retail merchandising and sales materials.
- Work with head of Operations to meet packaging deadlines, product distribution, and COGS objectives.
- Able to learn new markets quickly and adjust to changing market dynamics and competitive landscapes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years experience in brand marketing, creative agency account management (or equivalent client-side position) or video game industry
- Experience in TV, Video, Packaging and Online Advertising required
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
- People/agency management experience
- Passion for gaming and understanding of current industry trends
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- International marketing experience a plus
- Live Ops/Live game marketing experience a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top