Build Engineer - Toys For Bob
Job Title:Build Engineer - Toys For Bob
Job Description:Toys for Bob is looking for a dynamic Build Engineer to join our team in creating the next generation in our history of award-winning, best-selling games, including the previously released, "Spryo Reignited Trilogy". http://spyrothedragon.com/.
The Build Engineer at Toys for Bob will be responsible for developing and maintaining the build and test infrastructure that produces our tools and products in concert with development, production, and QA teams. It is a mission critical role that involves consulting with teams, developing tools, managing infrastructure, and then supporting the on-going maintenance of these systems.
In this role, you will be the build liaison to both our CTO and Engineering Lead. To be successful in this role, you will need a strong sense of process, documentation, automation, repeatability and reliability. Overall, this is a role that will allow you the flexibility and autonomy to help make critical decisions for our today and tomorrow.
Our operational environment is multi-layered and constantly evolving. These systems are built with C++, C#, Python, managed by Jenkins, in support of a wide range of tools and platforms. The build systems principally focus on reliability, repeatability, and efficiency.
- Working closely with internal teams to improve how we build, test and deploy software
- Continuous integration and deployment of internal tools to multiple environments
- Management and documentation of deployment processes and automation
- Improving and maintaining our image building, agent provisioning and deployment tools
- Continuous integration of external toolsets into development pipeline
- Have owned and created or maintained several build systems
- Experience with Perforce or similar source code control system
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tooling, such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Unix shell programming, C#, Python
- Solid understanding of continuous integration best practices
- Has a track record of training and documentation combined with excellent communication skills
- A burning desire for education and educating
- Unreal Engine or another proprietary engine knowledge
- Familiarity with C++ and Perforce
- A love for video games combined with console programming experience
- Experience with automated testing systems
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that's been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the "Toys to Life" genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don't take yourself too seriously, we'd love for you to be part of the family!
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top