Associate Retail Marketing Manager, Emerging
Job Title:Associate Retail Marketing Manager, Emerging
Job Description: Job Title: Associate Retail Marketing Manager, Emerging
Reports To : Commercial Marketing Manager
Department : Commercial Marketing
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Associate Manager, Retail Marketing will be a driving force in developing and executing go-to-market plans with both our physical and digital retail partners. The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep marketing experience across retail channels. The candidate will drive the development of strategies and programs to market our Emerging Franchise titles, including but not limited to Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Sekiro and more, to consumers across both the physical and digital channel. This position is the conduit between our Commercial Sales team and our Product/Brand Management teams. The role also requires financial acumen to develop and manage the allocated trade spending budget by title by quarter and managing return on investment of trade spend.
- Work with the Manager, Commercial Marketing to build title-specific commercial strategies, plans and budgets that encompass the lifecycle of a title -- pre-sell, launch and momentum
- Execute specific go-to-market plans that include, but are not limited to, retail advertising support, gift with purchases, pricing promotions, consumer products tie-ins, promotional partner tie-ins, events and more
- Work with internal and external creative agencies
- Manage account-specific trade and POP plans for all title responsibilities
- Ensure information in system is current and updated (Oracle)
- Assist Sales teams in developing sales presentations and tools
- Manage overall account-specific trade marketing budget on a title basis which includes processing POs, submitting forecasts and reconciling activity/budget spend each quarter
- Align Sales teams with budget spends to ensure budgets are on track to deliver corporate revenue and operating income goals
- Work with Trade Finance, Sales, and other Commercial Marketing team members to analyze promotional programs and build recommendations for future planning
- Partner with product marketing to develop customer-ready materials for sales meetings and product evangelism
- Work with internal and external teams to develop an account-specific playbook for all key title releases
- Participate in weekly cross-functional title planning meetings with Product Management, Digital Marketing, PR, Events, Product Development and Consumer marketing to gain agreement on retail objectives and plans during all phases of a product's life cycle
- Ensure necessary internal approvals on artwork and other account marketing assets
- Bachelor's degree required in Marketing, Sales, Business; MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3+ years of Retail/Channel Marketing or Product Management or Sales experience or even Digital/Brand Marketing experience at leading consumer packaged goods or entertainment software company strongly desired
- Exceptional presentation skills across varying audience from internal teams, to Senior Leaders and Retail Customers
- Interest in video games and interactive entertainment industry preferred
- The ideal individual should be extremely organized and detail-oriented with solid Project Management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™ and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top