Associate Product Manager
- El Segundo, CA
Job Title:Associate Product Manager
Job Description:Job Title: Associate Product Manager
Reporting To: Manager, Player Engagement
Department: Customer Service
Location: El Segundo, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As an Associate Product Manager you will primarily be responsible for elevating service offerings that meet the unique needs of our player base. They will work with internal stakeholders to identify player segments to provide best in class support to our most dedicated players. This role will participate with leadership to define and maintain the differentiated service roadmap. The position is based in El Segundo, CA and may require up to 25% travel.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage the entire lifecycle of a product from its conception, release and beyond.
- Collaborate closely with Activision Player Support teams and cross-functional teams throughout the organization to ensure that all technical standards are met in the development of differentiated service products and ensure that security, scalability, and data architecture are of high priority.
- Define success metrics and business cases that align with organizational goals.
- Define, design, and author comprehensive business requirements based on industry standards, market research and Activision product knowledge in line with the leadership team while executing against our differentiated service roadmap.
- Work closely with Activision internal marketing teams, central studios and game studios to obtain exhaustive knowledge of existing organizational systems/platforms to be utilized in product initiatives or to identify future system/platform needs in order to achieve differentiated service goals.
- Analyze and present success metrics during all stages of a products lifecycle to inform the business of success and to obtain actionable insights to improve upon existing products and/or to be utilized for future initiatives.
- Manage scope and drive trade-off decisions in conjunction with leaderships directive.
- Report on the status throughout a products lifecycle with the Activision Player Support Manager of Player Engagement.
- Attend standups, grooming sessions, estimation meetings, retrospectives and other key meetings with the Activision Player Support production team.
- Keep up to date with new technology solutions by working with our platform partners and attending industry driven events.
- Drive products or participate in special projects as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in an associate product manager role working with software, web, and digital customer support environments.
- 3 years of experience and proven success in translating business strategy and analysis into successful customer experiences.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic ideas with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing internal and external teams.
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking while working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Hands on experience with Jira, Confluence, or related tools (Plus)
- Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager and/or Salesforce platforms (Plus)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top