Associate Manager, Descriptive Analytics -Emerging Franchises and Mobile
Job Title:Associate Manager, Descriptive Analytics -Emerging Franchises and Mobile
Job Description: Job Title : Associate Manager, Descriptive Analytics - Emerging Franchises and Mobile
Reporting To: Senior Director, Descriptive Analytics
Department : Descriptive Analytics
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Associate Manager, Descriptive Analytics- Emerging Franchises and Mobile will oversee in-game performance analysis, insights, recommendations and reporting for the organization. They will work closely with Internal Product Groups, other Global Analytic partners, Finance, Studios, Executive Management, and International Partners along with the Data and Technology organizations. They will lead a team of 2 analysts delivering proactive and on-request insights to support day-to-day decision making, and highlight new discoveries that drive strategic business unit decisions. The ideal candidate will have significant successful experience building, leading and evolving analytics teams, working with database management systems and large data sets, along with making data-driven decisions.
Candidates must be scrappy and possess an uncanny ability to translate complex and disparate sourced data into analytics with strong narratives driving value for business stakeholders and improving player experiences, as well as grow that ability in their team members and embody highly effective leadership. The right candidate will have the passion, experience, skills, and abilities both to turn large and complex data sets into meaningful and actionable intelligence and coach that ability as well.
- Lead the in-game analytics team responsible for being the single source of truth forgame revenue,engagement, operations, player experience, and reporting for emerging franchises and platforms
- Deliver high quality KPI's, metrics, and reporting that lead to actionable recommendations for product marketing, finance, and studio with regard to player behavior and game engagement
- Self-start and proactively perform as the first line of data discovery, highlighting shifts in the game mechanics, in-store anomalies, and player behavior
- Deliver timely and dependable insights, regular launch/weekly/monthly reporting as well as work with the visualization team to ideate on and build logic for intuitive automated dashboards for the Business Unitsand Studio enabling day-to-day decisions or address new discoveries, anomalies or issues
- Work with the data office, tech organization and studio to ensure the games are instrumented and the data ETL logic can deliver on continually developed analytic use cases
- Work with Senior Management to answer strategic business questions using behavioral data
- Work across multiple data sources (Hadoop, Redshift, mobile, mySQL db) to develop a complete picture of player behavior
- Collaborate with other analytic groups across the organization to share best practice and methods
- 6+ years of experience in database analytics translating very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets into strong business narratives (game analytic experience a plus)
- Extremely Analytical: Ability to solve complex business problems through advanced statistics, mathematical modeling, and / or code development
- Advanced Warehouse Skills: Demonstrated vast experience querying large relational databases (Redshift), with construction of new schemas a plus.
- Strong Data Lake Experience: Comfortable querying extremely large semi-structured and unstructured data in distributed data stores (AWS S3) using a variety of query tools (Presto, Hive, Scala, Spark, Qubole, Databricks, or similar)
- Strong Visualization Knowledge: Skilled with distilling massive data into simple to digest visualizations in modern tooling (Tableau, Redash, or similar)
- Driven, proactive, self-starter and quick learner. Able to hear a business need in a meeting, quickly bring some insight into the discussion and proactively spin up an analysis with recommendations for timely delivery to the business.
- Demonstrates exceptional and high achieving leadership skill. Uncanny ability to build relationships with partners, peers, team and stakeholders motivating others align and drive towards best practices, productivity, aligned methodologies and objective decision making
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in decision sciences, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or business generally required (commensurate job experience could be excepted)
- A passion for diving into and experiencing the games and experiences Activision produces to ensure we are driving the best player experience, and the strongest data-driven recommendations out of our rich data sets
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top