Associate Artist (Video Editor)
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Associate Artist (Video Editor)
Job Description:Job Title:Associate Artist (Video Editor)
Reporting To: Associate Creative Director
Department: Marketing Creative
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Associate Artist (Video Editor) role provides creative and technical support services to all engaged departments, Marketing, PR, PMG, and development studios, to produce high-quality art assets, which are primarily videos. Typical end use for assets include marketing, social, internal, reference, and more per client's need.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Editing, using Adobe Premiere CC
- Capturing gameplay
- Creating and revising shot lists, as needed
- Tech services, such as altering resolutions, creating and adding end slates, cut-downs, etc.
- Provide support to Artists/Senior Artists where needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC
- Experience in videography/cinematography or cinematic video game capture
- Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be self-sufficient when it comes to priortizing deadlines
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- A demo reel showcasing work in Adobe Premiere CC and any additional relevant programs
- Customer Service experience a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in the video game industry a plus
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent experience preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of Activision's Employees
Evan B.Motion Capture Producer
Evan delivers high quality body motion capture, face capture, audio, and character likeness assets that allow artists and animators to create lifelike graphics across all of Activision’s beloved franchises.
Back to top