Artist, Video (User Acquisition)
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Artist, Video (User Acquisition)
Job Description:Job Title: Artist, Video (User Acquisition)
Reporting To: Creative Team Lead, User Acquisition
Department: Marketing Creative
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As the Video Editor for User Acquisition, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and use your knowledge of both Call of Duty Mobile and the Mobile space as a whole to ideate, capture, and lightly edit short video clip toolkits to be used throughout marketing creative and partners. You will coordinate closely with UA GFX Artists to help develop a library of toolkits for motion graphics in your edits.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee the creation of original marketing video content for broadcast, social media and editorial projects
- Work within an Adobe Premiere Essential Graphics workflow using in-game footage
- Coordinate with game capture artist to develop a wide variety of scenes for user acquisition marketing ads
- Export final deliverables following the formats and best practices of each social media platform
- Collaborate with GFX artists to develop toolkits, quickly iterating edits based on the needs of each campaign
- Work with, edit and update After Effects templates to fit the needs of the video production, as needed
- Maintain and promote high standards for project and asset management
- Take part in the coordination process between marketing analytics and creative team
- Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
- Work within a pipeline involving several different disciplines (motion graphics, video editing & design) and be able to shift seamlessly between them
- Organize, archive and backup projects within our server structure
- Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
- Foster creative and technical development amongst team members
- Troubleshoot Audio/Video Equipment, including Macintosh and Windows workstations
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- A Demo Reel, showcasing experience working with game footage
- A team player, comfortable wearing many hats within a multidisciplinary group
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Expert knowledge of commonly used plugins, such as Red Giant and Video Copilot suites
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and its synergy with Adobe Premiere
- Experience working with Adobe Essential Graphics workflows
- Experience creating iterative editing templates for use by wider teams
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work directly with clients
- High-level design execution, including cinematography, pacing and esthetics
- Mastery of project optimization, focusing on efficient render and exporting times
- Ability to work and react to feedback from creative and analytics
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, prioritizing projects with a high level of autonomy
- Good listener, able to give and take constructive criticism
- Experience with social media and digital marketing campaigns
- Understanding of the best practices for each platform and what makes them unique
- Know-how of what makes each social media platform and its audiences special
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- High attention to details across video, graphics and design
- Experience working with live video/still photography a plus
- 5+ years of experience; video game industry experience a plus
- Experience with first person shooters a plus
- Familiarity with the Call of Duty franchise
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top