Artist (Video Capture)
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Artist (Video Capture)
Job Description:Job Title: Artist (Video Capture)
Reporting To: Team Lead, Video Capture
Department: Marketing Creative
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As an Artist (Video Capture) you will be responsible for scheduling and running all video game capture sessions. This includes contacting the capture artists and working with our video editors to assess their needs for various trailers and social media assets.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with video team to compose and capture gameplay for use in trailers and social media assets
- Create shot lists and choreograph moments that best showcase our games and content
- Plan and direct capture sessions, including contacting the capture artists to schedule their time and availability
- Cut short sequences in Premiere and organize footage for video editors
- Manage all equipment, hardware, and software in the capture lab
- Troubleshoot technical issues with development software and hardware
- Explore creative new ways to shoot game content
- Look for efficiencies and give suggestions for improvements to various game debug systems
- Attend review sessions with clients to gather feedback and incorporate into future captures
- Other duties, as assigned
- Strong understanding of composition, cinematography, color and lighting in visual media
- Strong attention to detail and good sense of timing
- Basic understanding of video game graphics, textures, lighting, and tools
- Strong working knowledge of cameras including depth of field, aperture, focus, lenses, ISO, etc
- Strong communication skills and confidence directing a group of players
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize projects
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with both PC and consoles
- A passion for video games
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience working in the video game industry a plus
- Demo Reel or Portfolio of relevant artwork
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent work experience preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top