Analyst - North America Accounting
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Analyst - North America Accounting
Job Description:Job Title: Analyst, North America Accounting
Reporting To: Sr. Manager, North America Accounting
Department: Accounting / Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The North America Accounting Analyst will assist in performing month-end general ledger close activities. These activities include preparation of journal entries and monthly reconciliations as well as other ad hoc analyses and audit requests.
The position requires working closely with Corporate Accounting, Business Units, and other financial teams in order to meet reporting deadlines. This person will be challenged to apply critical thinking and analytical skills along with disciplined project management experience to meet tight deadlines and evolving business needs.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing company. The ability to multi-task and think outside the box is a must for this position. The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries with supporting backup, ensuring that correct account codes are utilized, and transactions are accurately explained and supported
- Ensure that assigned general ledger accounts are properly reconciled, reconciling items are cleared timely and any issues are communicated / handled appropriately to avoid misstatements of financial information
- Develop a level of "expertise" in business operations to understand their impact on accounting transactions
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for assigned areas, allowing managers to make informed business decisions
- Suggest process improvements to maximize utilization of Oracle or other automation to ensure efficiencies are maximized
- Assist the Manager in ensuring the timeliness of the general ledger close for month-end and quarter-end and in addressing ad hoc or special reporting requests
- Work with other department personnel - Operations, Supply Chain, AP, Purchasing, Business Unit Finance, etc. - to ensure a high level of accuracy of information, while ensuring efficiencies are maximized in processing time
- Ensure that the financial results of Activision Blizzard are accurately reported from an external reporting perspective, in accordance with GAAP, and in compliance with all SEC and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Support the external audit team to ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Assist in growth of Corporate Accounting Group through self-development and team work, including the ability to cross train in other areas
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of professional accounting
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel is required
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite, OBIEE Answers and/or Hyperion Essbase is a plus
- Must possess strong analytical skills with ability to problem solve
- Must be highly organized and able to deal with a high volume of data
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must possess strong work ethic and be willing to work extra hours and weekends during quarter-end and year-end closes in order to meet deadlines
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top