AI Engineering Director
- Woodland Hills, CA
Job Title:AI Engineering Director
Job Description:Infinity Ward, developer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and creators of one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed shooter franchises of all time , is currently seeking an AI Engineering Director who will be responsible for establishing the technical vision and strategy for the AI in our future games.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate this vision effectively to the AI team as well as across other departments in the studio.You will lead our AI engineering team by example, helping to choose, design, and implement cutting edge AI systems to accomplish this vision.You will have an eye for quality, focusing our vision towards realistic, exceptionally high fidelity AI, and you will have the technical insight necessary to balance the tradeoffs between ambition and risk in a fast-paced development environment.
- Work with and lead the AI engineering team to craft best-in-class AI technology for our next AAA title.
- Work closely with the design and content teams to bring new AI characters and behaviors to life.
- Contribute ideas for new AI architectures and technologies.
- Design, plan, and implement performant and optimized AI systems.
- 10+ years of experience in games, military simulation, or real-time AI.
- 3+ shipped titles working as an AI or Gameplay Engineer.
- Substantial experience with a variety of AI decision frameworks including behavior trees.
- E xperience with modern methods of performant environmental data gathering for AI, including sight, influence, and height maps.
- Experience with a variety of animation technologies such as blend spaces, IK, and motion matching .
- Strong design sensibilities and outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills.
- A love for competitive FPS play.
- Strong 3D math and algebra skills as they relate to game programming.
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming and practices.
- Use of analytics to guide behavior.
- Experience with networked/online AI using a variety of game networking models .
- Working in and extending an established code base.
- Experience with C#.
- Previous experience with scripting languages such as Lua, Python.
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won over 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and most recently, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward is located in Woodland Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically-acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and accomplished development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent workplace environment.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Back to top