Are you self-motivated, proactive and ambitious? ACT Commodities, the leading environmental commodity trading house, is searching for an Assistant Controller.
Who we are
ACT Commodities is one of the world's leading trading houses in the worldwide environmental commodity markets. Founded in 2009 as one of the first companies to pursue this market, we are now one of the largest specialist firms for trading carbon emissions, biofuels, renewable energy, and energy efficiency. This is complemented with widespread activity in the oil and petroleum markets, which expand our scope covering the intertwined world of energy and fuel commodities. ACT Commodities is headquartered in Amsterdam and has a U.S. presence based in New York.
- Develop and execute on annual plans for the renewable fuels department
- Provide timely and accurate completion of the deal process, including deal booking, preparing general journal entries, accounts receivable and payable functions, and deal settlement. Own the process from start to finish.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures for the company
- Reassess and propose new policies and procedures to address the evolving business needs
- Liaise with internal contacts and vendors to review contract provisions and payment terms
- Work collaboratively and strategically with the Controller and CFO to identify, and prevent control breakdowns in higher risk areas that could damage the organization's brand, business sustainability, or customer loyalty
- Stay abreast of new accounting principles and general trends within the financial services and renewable energy industries
- Provide functional, technical and process leadership
- Dynamic, "outside of the box" problem solver with a "roll up your sleeves" mentality
- 5+ years of working experience in accounting and/or financial reporting/logistics
- Organized, ambitious, pristine accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work and deliver successfully in a challenging fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of excel
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or finance
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Microsoft Navision is a plus
It's a plus:
- Energy or physical fuels industry experience
- Logistics or operations experience
- We believe our success lies in our personal relationships, trust, honesty and sharing interests. We focus on developing our employees on a personal level. All employees follow a personal development course. This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the logic of human behavior and interactions and includes a set of practical tools for navigating the human side of organizational life.
Meet Some of ACT Commodities's Employees
Manager, Renewable Energy
Rick helps his clients achieve all their environmental goals while also assisting the other sales traders on his desk in performing their everyday trading activities.
Back to top