Technical support engineer I
Technical Support Engineer I
The Technical Support Engineer I is responsible for providing technical support for Accruent’s Enterprise Solutions and is a point of escalation for support issues. Responsibilities include working with internal and external customers to troubleshoot, document, identify root cause, and resolve technical problems. The Technical Support Engineer I will need to have an understanding of each piece of the technical stack from the hardware layer to the application code.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a working knowledge of Accruent-supported products and technologies.
- Act as technical resource for Software Support Teams.
- Identify, document, confirm product defects.
- Work with all levels of support to document resolutions and continually drive first call/first touch resolution.
- Interact with customers, partners, field teams, and software developers to provide technical advice and assistance and define requirements.
- Prioritize, research, troubleshoot, and resolve escalated technical issues. As needed, identify workarounds and communicate to customers.
- Troubleshoot and analyze databases, application servers and new technologies.
- Participate in root-cause analyses, communicate options for resolution and provide recommendations to customer-facing technical problems.
- Contribute to documentation of technology best practices.
- Ensure the Support team is proactive in pursuit of new solutions and efficiencies within our technology practice.
- May be asked to train and mentor other Support members.
- May be involved in deployment or training opportunities internally and with customers.
- Duties and technical issues may sometimes require extended work hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Accruent management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences at different levels and with different backgrounds.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with networking, VMware, and server virtualization.
- Experience with knowledge of monitoring systems and tools utilized in Hosting and Engineering environments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects/clients simultaneously.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and product knowledge.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Ability to express and understand complex technical concepts.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with angry/irate customers
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- Prior Experience in a product support role.
- One Year Accruent product knowledge strongly preferred.
- Written and spoken multi-lingual skills (German, Spanish, Portuguese, and French).
- Experience with the various portions of an enterprise software solution’s technical stack and the technology products used in them, such as:
- Database (MSSQL, PLSQL)
- Application server (Java, WebLogic)
- Web Server (IIS, Apache)
- Authentication (SSO, SSL)
- Business Intelligence tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects)
- Server OS (Windows/ Linux)
- Scripting (XML, HTML, VB)
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Meet Some of Accruent's Employees
Abbey D.Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Abbey helps people learn about what Accruent has to offer as a company. She also provides trainings for employees, is involved with planning networking events, and builds employer branding.
Back to top