Systems Engineer II
Systems Engineer II (System Operations)
The Systems Engineer II will be a key member of the Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for designing, building, automating, monitoring, and troubleshooting problems in Accruent’s customer facing servers and applications. This involves consulting on technical designs, planning capacity expansions, preparing for disaster recovery scenarios, and installing Accruent software. The position will be responsible for the performance and scalability of the Production level systems that they are assigned. The candidate will also be part of a periodic 24X7 on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, validate, and support the Accruent applications in both public and private cloud environments.
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Design servers and application environments for performance, reliability, redundancy, and scale.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Accruent-supported products and technologies.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance such as monitoring the performance of systems, virus detection, and monitoring network backups.
- Assist with the tactical implementation of any technology project and provide on-going technology support.
- Document environment topology and installation details.
- Utilize configuration management technologies to build and scale application environments.
- Develop scripts for automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes.
- Engage with support teams and customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan and perform regular tests.
- Ensure SSAE16 audit compliancy and keep all software licensing and maintenance contracts current.
- Plan for expansion of capacity and recommend upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment when necessary.
- Deep familiarity with OS and virtualization technologies
- Mentor and train Associates
- Ability to teach non-technical members of the organization and non-technical customers about the application
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, grit.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline (IS/CS degree preferred)
- 2-4 years of professional hands-on experience in a web based(SaaS) software environment
- Experience with troubleshooting operating system level issues (Windows Servers, Red Hat Linux, CentOS)
- Experience with troubleshooting web server related issues (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, HyperV)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, BAT, T-SQL),
- Experience with building and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with networking and storage technologies (Cisco, NetApp, Nimble)
- Familiarity with configuration management technologies (SaltStack, Chef, Puppet)
- Certifications in Linux, Microsoft, database, networking, and cloud technologies highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer and project team
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture is desirable; examples would be ITIL, COBIT, and TOGAF
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and agile methodologies
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Meet Some of Accruent's Employees
Abbey helps people learn about what Accruent has to offer as a company. She also provides trainings for employees, is involved with planning networking events, and builds employer branding.
Back to top