The System Engineer is responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure solutions. Responsibilities include working with various departments to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical problems. The Systems Engineer works on systems issues on a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require a wide base of technological knowledge to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support for day-to-day operations on server hardware and storage.
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering and stakeholders to provide technical solutions and improve health of data center operations.
- Evaluate, plan and execute future systems architecture solutions.
- Assist in design of highly available data center infrastructure according to best practice.
- Maintain or improve overall security posture. .
- Prioritize and execute solutions of various device types and technology stacks.
- Understand Accruent’s multiple hosted application in order to improve resiliency, best practice standards, efficiency and uptime.
- Document plans, changes and policies in regards to the Accruent applications’ infrastructure.
- Produce technical results, which demonstrate the drive for consistent improvement of overall health of systems infrastructure.
- Perform upgrades and configuration changes to ensure highest quality of system architecture.
- Provide corporate IT systems team assistance with enterprise level issues.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: drive to excellence, humility, winning attitude, integrity, results orientation and grit.
- Be available for on-call rotation to Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems across all product lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong understanding system hardware, networking and virtualization technologies.
- Scripting proficiency to perform basic repetitive tasks.
- Security-centric attitude.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, e.g. tcp/ip, udp, ssh, dns, wmi, etc.
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on requestor needs and available solutions.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred (or relevant experience)
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux software and hardware installation and maintenance
- 2+ years’ experience working with Highly Available network hardware including Firewalls, VPNs, Load balancers, routers and switches
- 2+ years’ experience with server Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, Oracle VM)
- Experience with software defined networking preferred
- Experience with configuration management tools preferred
- Experience with monitoring systems preferred
- Industry standard certifications a plus, e.g. VCP, AWS CSA, MCSA, RHCE, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top