System Engineer - Windows - Clouds
- Bangalore, India
The System Engineer is responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure solutions. Responsibilities include working with various departments to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical problems. The Systems Engineer works on systems issues on a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require a wide base of technological knowledge to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support for day-to-day operations on server hardware and storage.
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering and stakeholders to provide technical solutions and improve health of data center operations.
- Evaluate, plan and execute future systems architecture solutions.
- Assist in design of highly available data center infrastructure according to best practice.
- Maintain or improve overall security posture.
- Prioritize and execute solutions of various device types and technology stacks.
- Understand Accruent’s multiple hosted application in order to improve resiliency, best practice standards, efficiency and uptime.
- Document plans, changes and policies in regards to the Accruent applications’ infrastructure.
- Produce technical results, which demonstrate the drive for consistent improvement of overall health of systems infrastructure.
- Perform upgrades and configuration changes to ensure highest quality of system architecture.
- Provide corporate IT systems team assistance with enterprise level issues.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: drive to excellence, humility, winning attitude, integrity, results orientation and grit.
- Be available for on-call rotation to Provide 24x7 support for systems across all product lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong understanding of system hardware, networking and virtualization technologies.
- Security-centric attitude.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Scripting proficiency to perform basic repetitive tasks.
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on requestor needs and available solutions.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred (or relevant experience)
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows or Linux software and hardware installation and maintenance
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience with Cloud Technologies (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- IIS – site configuration, SSL provisioning and installation, troubleshooting.
- Performance troubleshooting – working knowledge of resource monitoring tools
- Microsoft clustering and related technologies (AD and SAN)
- Knowledge of automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Salt, etc)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server administration tasks and troubleshooting.
- Experience with configuration management tools preferred
- Experience with monitoring systems preferred.
- Understanding of ITIL based change management processes
- Industry standard certifications a plus, e.g. GCP, AZURE, AWS, MCSA, RHCE, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices
Back to top